We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinosaki Onsen Questions

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Kinosaki Onsen Questions

We are using Kyoto and Nara as our base in mid November. Someone suggested looking into spending part of a day and a night there. it's a long train ride from Kyoto/Nara and then back to ITM airport in Osaka the next day for a 2:30pm airport departure. But the experience of onsens and the history looks really cool. I have found the Yamamotoya Hotel at a reasonable price, but there are not many reviews that I can find. Has anyone stayed there? or have another suggestion for a hotel in Kinosaki Onsen? Thank you for your advice.

How early before an international flight should we arrive at Osaka Airport?

5 replies to this topic
Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kinosaki Onsen Questions

Are you sure you are taking an international flight from Itami? Itami is the domestic airport and most, if not all international flights depart from KIX, the international airport.

Try browsing here for accommodation choices. http://www.kinosaki-hotsprings.com/

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kinosaki Onsen Questions

Dear fish2,

Once again thank you and yes I have been looking at this site. We are in fact flying from ITM. We booked award business class tickets with American (partner JAL) and we had to fly from ITM to Narita since we couldn't get award tickets from Narita, very odd but true. of course we would have had to take the bullet train to Narita anyway. Is getting to the airport for international flights (especially ITM) 2 hours or so before should be enough, don't you think? So I think we will have to leave Kinosaki about 9am, sound about right? Any suggestions for train routing from Kyoto or Nara to Kinosaki and then back to Osaka ITM? Thank you very much for taking the time. Kinosaki looks to be very cool and a very relaxing end to a long holiday.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kinosaki Onsen Questions

At Itami you will be checking in for a domestic flight to Narita. An hour ahead is more than plenty of time. You will do exit immigration at Narita.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kinosaki Onsen Questions

Dear fish2, Thanks for the heads up. We only have about 75 minutes between flights at ITM. If we have to preclear immigration, will that be tight? Thanks again for your helpful advice.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kinosaki Onsen Questions

You mean NRT Narita, right? That is where you will do immigration. 75 minutes will be fine to do that. I do it all the time connecting from Komatsu.

Reply to: Kinosaki Onsen Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted