We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get away from Kansai Airport at night - help needed!!

Zurich, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Topic
How to get away from Kansai Airport at night - help needed!!

Dear all,

I'm going to arrive at Kansai Airport 30th of March at 1am (Sat to Sun night). I wanted to book a hotel room in Osaka but I checked out the train connections and couldn't find any. So I tried to book a hotel directly at the airport or close to the airport - everything is fully booked!!! I finally found something at Shinodayama but I still don't know how to get there except by taxi which is pretty expensive. What are my options? Is there a shuttle/night bus or something - maybe to another city where I could find a hotel room? Many of the websites are in japanese and I googled for hours - I would be happy to get some information, I don't want to be stuck at the airport!!

Thank you for your help!!

Special Offer
Tokyo by Night: Japanese Food Tour
338 reviews
from US$87.80*
US$109.70
Day Trip by Bus to Kyoto, Nara and...
68 reviews
from US$88.10*
Special Offer
Kyoto Cultural Half-Day Tour with...
286 reviews
from US$48.50*
US$60.70
Hiroshima and Miyajima Day Tour from...
29 reviews
from US$355.90*
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get away from Kansai Airport at night - help needed!!

If you are truly scheduled to arrive at 1AM, all the trains will have already departed by then. Complimentaly shuttle bus servive offered by hotels are normally unavailable around that time.

I dont believe the Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport is booked out by now, but if that is the case, you can always spend the night at the airport.

Some stores and one internet lounge are open 24hours a day.

The last bus from KIX to JR Osaka station departs at 0130AM, but if you are truly scheduled to arive at 1AM, I would not expect to catch this bus. Stay at the airport or airport hotel.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,830 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get away from Kansai Airport at night - help needed!!

Available Mar 30: CITY HOTEL Air Port in Prince , Star Gate Kansai,

Edited: 12 March 2014, 19:51
Zurich, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get away from Kansai Airport at night - help needed!!

Thanks but I'm looking for the night 29.-30.03. - the hotel you mentioned is fully booked that night

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
25,456 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get away from Kansai Airport at night - help needed!!

Looks like hotels nearby are all booked up. If you don't want to spend $$$ for a taxi, you'd have to stay at the airport until trains start running around 5:45AM. A few restaurants and shops at KIX are open 24/7.

Cannon Beach, Oregon
Level Contributor
256 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get away from Kansai Airport at night - help needed!!

I'm in a slightly similar situation...have to get into the city before the last train leaves. Even our 21:30 arrival can be cutting it close if Customs takes 1 hour & we have to travel across the airport, wait for, & pickup luggage...forget about dinner I guess. The desk clerk at my hotel said a taxi would take about an hour & cost around 15,000 Yen+ to get to the Minato/aquarium area, or half that to take a taxi from Shinimamiya Station. Someone in my party cancelled our hotel because she thought we couldn't make it (& that we shouldn't pay a taxi that much), & now we're having a really hard time finding a nice place to stay in the city. It looks like a choice between youth hostel, 25,000 Yen, or sleep in the airport. Pros & cons.

6. Re: How to get away from Kansai Airport at night - help needed!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 05:27