We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Okinawa middle June: questions

4 posts
Save Topic
Okinawa middle June: questions

Hi Guys while I was reading the threads I summarize several questions

we are on the island for 5 night to chill out after the tour 5 night in Tokyo, 2 night in Kyoto (the standard).

1) form Kyoto which is the best way to reach the island: train+boat or plane from Tokyo ?

2) we rent a car: we hope for the GPS, do the roads signs are in English or japanese ? Is it difficult to travel ?

3) we want sea&sand what do you suggest as best place to stay (close to the beach but also good to travel around) ?

4) do you have any accomodation suggestion (we expect to pay max 160$ at night for 2) ?

thanks in advance for the answer I follow to read the topics.

ciao

Paolo

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
5 replies to this topic
Chatan-cho, Japan
Level Contributor
311 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Okinawa middle June: questions

Hi Paolo B,

I'll just take them by the numbers.

1. From Kyoto best way in my opinion is plane from Osaka, airport limo bus from your hotel or Kyoto station to the airport.

2. The major car rental companies that have English advertising have English (multi-lingual) GPS and most road signs also have English on them, pretty easy to travel.

3. To be near beaches I'd suggest you stay in Ginowan, Chatan or further north although Chatan would be a good area for sea & sand and lots of restaurants, shops, bars and to head out to other places.

4. So June is tourist season so prices go up but since you'll have a car there are some places that are less expensive although I can't personally suggest one over the other here a few I found.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g10…

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g10…

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1025634-d11985092-Reviews-Hotel_Sunset_Terrace-Chatan_cho_Nakagami_gun_Okinawa_Prefecture_Kyushu_Okinawa.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=293686711

Mentioned in this post
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Ginowan
Ginowan
Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
Chatan-cho
Chatan-cho
Nakagami-gun, Japan
The Naha Terrace
The Naha Terrace
369 Reviews
Naha, Japan
Kyushu
Kyushu
Japan
Fukuoka, Japan
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu
Level Contributor
4,344 posts
3,122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Okinawa middle June: questions

Ride a limo bus from JR Kyoto Station Hachijo-guchi to Itami Airport. Train and ferry ride won't make sense unless you have plenty of travel time.

Mentioned in this post
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Itami Airport
Itami Airport
Toyonaka, Japan
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Okinawa middle June: questions

thanks Kurt and ETflyer for your answers.

While I was carry on with the investigation about Okinawa I was notice about the rainy season fron June to August: I was wondering how we can chill out on the beach without sun and with rain.

Is it thrue ? I check the sunny day in June quite few.

So now as for your experience is it worth to go to the Okinawa looking for sun & sand, or better to switch to the south to Hiroshima forgetting beach-tropical life ?

thanks very much for you suggestion

Paolo

Mentioned in this post
Hiroshima
Hiroshima
Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
Chatan-cho, Japan
Level Contributor
311 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Okinawa middle June: questions

Hi Paolo,

Our rainy season usually runs from the end of April or the beginning of May until mid to late June but it is a forecast of course. The rainy season isn't like someone turns on a faucet for 5-6 weeks and we do indeed have sunny weather during the season. I've seen us have 5 days of light rain in a row but that isn't what normally happens but we do get more rain during that time.

As far as looking at a different place, that's a judgement call on your part.

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Okinawa middle June: questions

Thank very much Kurt,

We were thinking also to fly from Tokyo to Honolulu, the fly are quite cheap (and back), and leave the other part of Japan for the next trip.

We will decide next week.

ciao

Paolo

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Reply to: Okinawa middle June: questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted