We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Bay Beach Club

Which Malindi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woking
Level Contributor
539 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Turtle Bay Beach Club

I am so used to seeing positive things written about this hotel, that the latest review by 'Countoten' is like a bolt out of the blue. A real shock. Based on all the positive reviews and months of research, I actually changed my decision to stay at Watamu Beach Club to Turtle Bay Beach Club, based on all the reviews. Is anybody else really surprised at this, will this open a can of worms, will lots of people actually start telling it as it really is, afraid up 'till now to buck the trend. I actually thought I was reading a review for somewhere else. We are going for 2 weeks in August, I have small grains of doubt now - anyone else feel the same.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hi mate,

we've been going to tb for years and last year went for 6 months which was our 7th time,shall be going again in june or july again.I hope this allays any fears.

agy

Woking
Level Contributor
539 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle Bay Beach Club

Thank you agyhill, I did come across your review previously and although didn't look closely at the photo, noted that Watamu seems to be your second home, especially as you stayed for so long, so I know I am in for a great holiday. Perhaps you have seen all the replies to my post, the one above this. I hit the button twice by mistake. You may see that I am going to be there the same time as another who calls it his 2nd home, I am sure you must know each other - Smugger. Anyway, thank-you agyhill, enjoy your travels.

kent
Level Contributor
845 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hello Triptrav

I have just read the review your talking about and im quite surprised as most reviews are excellent. I was recentley talking to someone in Cozumel who knew a Rep that worked there and they say its a fantastic Hotel.

Im sure your fears will fade away upon arrival.

We are going there for 2 weeks this August and cant wait.

We have never been to Sri Lanka before.

When are you going in August?

SnorkelQueen7

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle Bay Beach Club

snorkelqueen 7

I think you may have put this post in the wrong forum dear.....

Woking
Level Contributor
539 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hello Snorkelqueen,

Well you do have me totally confused, I see you have posted in both my topics of the same title, I accidentally pushed the botton twice, but in both you mention Sri Lanka, whats that got to do with anything, I thinks Edna is confused with your posts too. TBBC is in Watamu Kenya and yes, I think you are going from memory, as I have read many of your posts, but still baffled about the SL bit. I was surprised to see that this topic is still being read, especially as I posted it early March. But hey, so what, I am so looking forward to going at the end of August and if anybody is reading this that has read my post about husband/yellow fever, just to let you know, we are going regardless. Not too much to worry about. - so roll on August, can't wait. Edna - I've got my Avon - thanks.

Triptrav

kent
Level Contributor
845 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hi

Oophs my mistake didnt mean to put SL. We are going to Kenya in April though and we are off to SL in August, wasnt paying attension when i posted the question, sorry.

Wirral
Level Contributor
54 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turtle Bay Beach Club

hiya,

Got back early this morning,

Just go.

Les and Elaine

kent
Level Contributor
845 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hi les elaine

Look forward to reading your review and also if you could possibly share any tips and advice???

Many thanks

Snorkelqueen7

9. Re: Turtle Bay Beach Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 16:20