We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

Which Malindi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bucks
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

It's cold and wet in the grumpy UK!

Time to drift to thoughts of TBBC in Jan.......

Just paid the balance on the hol, 1 week safari and 3 weeks at TBBC, 10 days just wasn't enough last time!

Does anyone know if Ratibu is still working at the hotel, great waiter great guy, What about William? he had just started in jan07, part of the funbase team.

Also we had a great time scuba diving last year, is Rachel still there?

All answers on a postcard please ......

Anyone else out there going mid jan08..

S & R

xxxxxx

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

Yep ratibu is still there, or he was in sept, he.s moved up a notch frm waiter, didn't see a trainee called william & Rachel was on leave ! she is crackers ! but love her to bits, we,ll see her again next year

kent
Level Contributor
845 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hi there.

We are lucky enough to be going there in April, first timers.

Could you tell us if we need Visa's? If so do we get them before we travel there or once we get there?

We are there for 2 weeks and doing the 3 day Masi Mara Safari. Really excited about this as we booked it almost a year ago.

Due to have our Yellow Fever Jabs in January. Whats the advice on Malari Tablets?

Any other tips and advice would be great.

Thanks.

Jackie and Mick.

bucks
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hi Jackie & Mick,

First of all have a great time, I'm sure you will.

With regards to visa yes you do need them, we got them at the airport as did a lot of travellers. If I remember correctly you need to pay in sterling (not kenyan shillings) and have the correct money, think it was about £30 last time.

We took malarone malaria tablets and got on fine with them, some of the other brands can cause some iffy side effects. When you have your yellow fever jabs you nurse should advise, shop around for price though!

Any other tips! Just enjoy and relex, TBBC is an amazing place, not a 5 star palace but 5 star service and the staff are amazing.

You may have read about the beach boys but they are harmless, just talk to them and remember who's country you are in. Most of the time they are happy to talk to you about anything especially football and the local area.

Please visit a local school, it's humbling and something everyone should do, the hotel will organise a trip there and take you to a local shop where you can buy pens and sweets. The look on the kids faces is amazing.

Find Rachel at the scuba centre and go diving, she is mad but great and was so patient with us when learning.

That's all I can think of for now.

S & R

bucks
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hi Smudger,

Thanks for the info,

I agree with you about Rachel, mad but she is lovely and was so patient with us when we were learning to dive, wonder if she remembers us kicking her b*tt at beach volleyball.

What about David who runs the BHS store on the beach, is he still there?

Stuart

County Durham
Level Contributor
824 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hi,

Hoping to be there from 14th Jan (yes Smudger I still haven't booked! lol) I'm really excited the place sounds fantastic!!

:-)

County Durham
Level Contributor
824 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hi,

We have booked!! Yippie, I am so excited, so we will be there 14th Jan to 29th. The first drink is on you hahaha.

Just need to book the safari now and then we are sorted.

:-)

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

hi all,

you will all have a good time,for medical info chk our blog at

www.anadventureinafrica.com/medicalinfo.html

plenty of other info there as well,and phil seems the fishing is mega this season.

hope this helps

agy

Woking
Level Contributor
539 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hello Violet,

Exciting times..... Phone Abdul for your safari and trips, your holiday will be so much better if Abdul is involved. He is on 00254 733952383 or email him on araxman17@yahoo.com.

Say hello to Alex and Jackson on the beach, super boys and Hello to Masha, one of the waiters, very nice and kind man.

Happy hols.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

Can vouch for abdul he,s a good guy, however there are more than one good safari operators in watamu, drop this english lady an email, wrightliz1@yahoo.com for an alternative quote, not sure she'll beat abduls quote but she has organised many trips for us over the years, day trips to mombasa, days out at che-shale (to die for), malindi, gedi ruins, hells kitchen, mida creek, bio ken snake farm to name a few

bucks
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: roll on mid jan Turtle Bay Beach Club

Hi Guys n Girls,

Not long to wait now, this last week has been so wet n windy here. The temp in Watamu is high 20's and little/no rain according to one website. Counting the days now, hate doing that but we have had such a busy year we just can't wait.

Violet1431 - Glad you have booked the trip, is it your 1st time at TBBC?

When it comes to booking the hol/safari I must admit we are pretty lazy when it comes to it, we ring Thomson and let them do the work, I spend most of my life organising so it's nice to let someone else do it! We have 1 week safari before arriving at TBBC around the 19th.

If anyone wants to say Hi and have a drink or 2 I will be the one with a laptop and a phone, I must apologise for this in advance as it's one of my pet hates but we run our own business and have never left it for this long before, it's our baby!!!!!

I have said to myself I will only check email/messages every few days!!!

We have just had our 1st of 3 injections (3 course Hep B) don't think you really need it but as we are in Africa for a month it was recommended, £90 each though...

Happy Xmas

S & R