We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manfridays Mida Cove -- any information??

Tokyo
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Manfridays Mida Cove -- any information??

Could anybody give me some information about a place named "Manfridays Mida Cove" in Mida Creek, Watamu?

We are planning to visit Malinti - Watamu next month and I recall somebody in this forum has mentioned this place once, and it took my interest.

So I tried to collect more information about this place on the internet, but it was almost impossible to find anything but their own website.

I want to hear some stories from somebody actually has stayed there...

I contacted this place and they seem to be nice and responsive, but I am having difficulty making reservation because they ask us to pay full in advance by T/T remittance.

Is it normall in Kenya??

Thanks for your help!!

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manfridays Mida Cove -- any information??

I haven't stayed there so am afraid I can't help with info on the accommodation itself.

With regard to payment in full in advance, this is the norm in my experience for all accommodation here. The company I worked for some time back once took a reservation from someone without requesting full payment before arrival. We got our fingers burned when, upon check-out, his credit card was refused. Having to catch a flight, he left us with other credit card numbers, all of which were declined. The company had provided $3000 worth of accommodation, game drives, meals etc to this individual and to this day I believe they are still chasing him for the money, which I believe they are unlikely to get. Because of incidences like this, most hotels/camps/lodges demand full payment beforehand.

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manfridays Mida Cove -- any information??

I made some enquiries, very fast email response BUT was far too expensive for me.

Tokyo
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manfridays Mida Cove -- any information??

Thanks FLFourOneZero and blueamber! Although we ended up not staying at this place, at least I got the impression that the staff of that hotel is responsive and very kind.

Maybe I will visit there in future.

4. Re: Manfridays Mida Cove -- any information??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2010, 05:19