We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pos to Fly to Malindi

Which Malindi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Pos to Fly to Malindi

Anyone know if you can fly to Malindi these days? I can't find flights to Malindi.

Thanks

H

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,220 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pos to Fly to Malindi

Where from? Nairobi, Mombasa, London?

Edited: 03 August 2010, 10:09
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pos to Fly to Malindi

Nairobi or Mombassa. I dont fancy the 3 hour drive from Mombassa to Tutle Bay. In the past it has been pos to fly London-Nairobi-Malindi.

I have searched flight sites and cant find anything into Malindi at all.

Thanks for your reply

H

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,220 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pos to Fly to Malindi

try fly540

they fly Mombasa to Malindi and Nairobi to Malindi via Mombasa

www.fly540.com/webpages/kenya/home.html

Edited: 03 August 2010, 10:29
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pos to Fly to Malindi

You can also try Airkenya, who fly to Malindi daily from Wilson, via Lamu. It's about a 1hr 15 flight, usually on their Dash 8. www.airkenya.com

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pos to Fly to Malindi

Thank you very much. Im keen to keep the drive time down on dep and arri so the only big drives will be the safari. Im taking a 72 year old and a 14 year old.

Cheers

H

uk
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pos to Fly to Malindi

it is a early morning flight from nairobi to mombasa , i can only see 1 flight fom mombasa to malindi at 08.25 am with fly540

have emailed them to see if they do any other daily flights but nothing is showing on there schedule

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pos to Fly to Malindi

I am in the same situation: going to Turtle Bay. I will land in Nairobi and then what? Does Turtle Bay have a shuttle service? If so, from what airport? I can only see flights to Mombasa, or else, I will have to spend the night in an airport to fly to Malindi. I'm travelling with a 2.5 year-old child, so the fastest the better. Thanks!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,220 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pos to Fly to Malindi

Hi,

Nairobi is in the centre of the country, about 450 km / 280 miles from the coast. The vast majority of people going to the coast fly to Mombasa, (serviced by Kenya Airways, 7 flights a day, and Fly540, 4 flights a day, flight time 1 hour) a much smaller number fly to Malindi (details of flights above)

the majority of people going to Watamu (Turtle Bay) fly into Mombasa and then go by road

Watamu is about 120km / 75 miles north of Mombasa and 28 km / 17 miles south of Malindi

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pos to Fly to Malindi

Thank you for your help...its great to be able to access this kind of help.

I have now booked to stay at DIani Sea Resort. Only cos for this trip (with father in law and 14 year old) it ticks all the boxes. I have stayed at Diani Sea Resort on our last trip to Kenya. Now I am in the middle of sorting our a little safari. I have emailed Pollmans as I have been with them before. What do you think on the safari front. I only want a short two day one night safari - a little taster for my father in law and son.

Thanks again for your help

Helen

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pos to Fly to Malindi

You may want to check this site: www.mombasaairsafari.com/NewTimetable.html

Mombasa Air Safari flies from Mombasa to Malindi (seasonal flights) everyday at 16h30, arrives at 16h55.

For me it doesn't work since I'll be arriving in Mombasa at 23h30...I haven't heard from the hotel yet but apparently they can arrange for a shuttle.