We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

Kigali, Rwanda
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

A few friends and I are planning to go to Malindi sometime between late October-early November and are in need of a quality, inexpensive place to stay. Have done some research and hoping I can get a few questions answered:

1. How are the Kajama Bandas at the Che Shale? Is this this best option out there in terms of lodging or is there anything better around the same price range?

2. We'll be coming from Kigali to Mombasa and plan to take the public taxi (which I've heard is around 350 Shillings?) to Malindi. Can someone direct me how to get to the taxi park from the airport?

Thanks!!

Mombasa Kenya
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

look at scopio villa too. For a taxi, they are many at the Airport but price you can negotiate with the taxi man though i doubt if you can get less than Kshs.5000

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,750 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

Melissa

You might already have fixed up your plans. But for Malindi, you can get local public transport (matatus and buses) from Mombasa town centre in the Ksh250–400 area. As for where to stay in Malindi, check out the Driftwood Club – long-established, very well run, nice little pool and right on the beach. Good food too.

Richard

Mombasa, Kenya
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

Melissa i am not really familiar with Malindi as i always come to Diani Beach and stay in Leisure Club and only what i can advise is that to contact Joseph Ikavi of Top Africa Safaris of mobile NO. +254 721 722 754 OR +254 733 750 721 and he would help you as i even saw in his website very nice cottages and villas with nice pool facing the ocean. The website is http://www.topafricasafaris.com

I am sure he would help you and enjoy as me here in Kenya, though in a week I would be back in Germany..

R. Frick

uk
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

melissa

if your going by matatou take the shuttle its non stop from mombasa to malindi and will drop you off in centre of malindi by the mosque

inexpensive place to stay is scorpio villas approx 3000ksh a nite half board , check first if they have vacancies as they have been full the past 2 weeks

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

Have a look @ Paradise Inn Village http://www.paradisemalindi.com/Index.htm

and Melinde Hotel http://www.melindehotel.com/

Good value for money...

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,750 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

I'm not sure I'd choose either of these – both seem to be relatively new builds/conversions near the town centre and way back from the town beach which doesn't get much use as the sea here is not usually very clear, though it can be quite good for surfing (Malindi's best beaches are south of town, or far to the north).

But I haven't visited either of these hotels, so I may be speaking out of turn. Stefan, have you stayed at them?

Richard

uk
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

richard

have been and looked at paradise , nice clean place for those on a budget , checked to rooms out they are clean but basis . bathrooms could do with a bit of improvement but functional , checked out the cost which was 1800 ksh per night

nice grounds and clean pool, i would suggest getting a room on the upper floor

the tusker is cold as well

wouldnt agree 800 meters from the beach maybe a bit more , but in a quiet part of malindi

good value

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

Going to Paradise in Dec. Website proves to be quite decent place...

Seaview Resort also looks good. Website seems to be down...

Stef

9. Re: Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 February 2011, 14:35
Edited: 09 February 2011, 14:35
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best (on the cheaper side) accommodation in Malindi

Have a look @ Kenga Giama Resort.

http://www.resortmalindi-kengagiama.com/

Beautiful cosy resort situated in prestigous Casaurina close to Marine National Park.

Stef