We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heart Children's Home

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
13 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Heart Children's Home

Hi,

I am planning to visit one orphanage while being on holiday in Malindi. Does anyone know if this Heart Children's Home still exists and how to contact them?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heart Children's Home

I would suggest getting in touch with Glorious safaris who seem to have an interest in this orphanage or e-mail heartchildren@ymail.com

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heart Children's Home

Its his sister who runs the home and he will offer you a free lift to the home

they are desperate for beans -Ugali and oil so perhaps you could take a little extra cash and even pay of their "slate" in the shop nearby

NO SWEETS PLEASE digestive biscuits ( or whatever oaty biscuit in helsinki ) are not only nutritional but a treat

web site glorioussafaris.com/html/heart_childrens_hom…

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heart Children's Home

As per the last OP post, I think that not only orphanges are in dire of food stocks etc. We have just sent money to various people re. stock etc and also there seems to be a serious virus going round the villages at Shimba Hills.

The founder of the orphanage of the Footprints orphanage - an orphanage we support has been ill for a week and very weak and cannot even get out of bed as are two children at the orphanage.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to them as do others who support Footprints.

Kevin you know Kerry is in our thoughts and prayers.

Edited: 04 July 2011, 15:00
edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heart Children's Home

In my opinion it does not hurt to take out sweets as TREATS.

Certainly at the orphanage we go to they are well appreciated.

They are given as TREATS and they know when to give and not to give.

I.E. A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY ETC.

THAT IS MY PERSONAL OPINION.

WE KNOW HOW DENTAL CARE IS SO IMPORTANT!! ( having given money for treatment of children)

Edited: 04 July 2011, 15:11
plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heart Children's Home

Malaika with the greatest respect......... if you know the dire consenquences of giving sweets to these children why advertise it .... you may give out money for dental care but not all visitors leave the home a single shilling!!! ..

Birthdays can be celebrated with another expensive ( for a home) delicious fruits or even as a very special treat chicken ..as i said before please DO NOT ( not shouting only emphasizing) take sweets.

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heart Children's Home

I have to agree with Edna on this one. Please do not take sweets to the children, they have absolutely no spare funds for dental treatment and leaving the odd amount of money for this is unfair and unrealistic.

Rather, take fresh fruits for a sweet treat.

Min

7. Re: Heart Children's Home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 13:32
Edited: 05 July 2011, 13:32
Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heart Children's Home

Good grief, the misery just keeps on coming.

9. Re: Heart Children's Home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 13:32
Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heart Children's Home

You, once again, are not making any sense. You are a joke. We would all dearly love to ignore you and your posts, however, we have a responsibility to correct your ineptitude and ensure that posters asking questions get the correct advice, which is what this website is all about.

It's a fantastic tool for people both new and old to Kenya to gain good honest and non biased advice. It is taken very seriously and usually people who do give correct advise get thanked for it.

You do not give correct advice and when you are politely corrected you begin with the nasty and unprovoked attacks. How can you expect to be taken seriously when all you do is rant at people.

Shame, you could be a very nice person if you just tried.