We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury buses from Malindi to Nairobi

Ham, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury buses from Malindi to Nairobi

Hi!

My partner and I are in Kenya next Feb and need a way back from Malinid at the end of our trip to Nairobi.

We decided not to book flights as they are quite expensive.

Does anyone have any advice on the coaches that do this route? Are they safe/reliable/how long does the journey tend to take?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury buses from Malindi to Nairobi

Hi - have you look at Fly540

There's a direct bus to NBI from Malindi called MASH but it's not luxury. It leaves everyday @ 6PM. I don't recommend going with them. I find MASH drivers quite reckless.

Can i suggest taking the Express Matatu to MBA town & take the Moden Coast Oxygen Luxury Coach to NBI

Ham, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury buses from Malindi to Nairobi

Hello!

Thank you for getting back to me, I have heard of MASH and would have considered them so thank you for the advice on that!

I will look into the Express Matatu to Mombassa and try to book with the company you have recommended.

Thank you so much!

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
447 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury buses from Malindi to Nairobi

Well, I like Mash Bus but i guess all bus drivers are driving reckless. Generally, I would also recommend to go to Mombasa by Express Matatu because from there you have many more (good) bus companies. Only a few companies go from Nairobi to Malindi but from Mombasa to Nairobi are plenty of companies.

Malindi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury buses from Malindi to Nairobi

Many bus's are travelling from malindi to nairobi. some quite exceptional for tourists but it its long drive usually leaving early morning by 7am and arriving other end around 5 to 6pm same day. Some cheap good hotels you should you need is Travellers Inn Resort pass malindi airport on malindi highway

5. Re: Luxury buses from Malindi to Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 07:48
Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury buses from Malindi to Nairobi

BY FAR THE ONLY EUROPE/USA QUALITY BUS MALINDI-NAIROBI IS "TAWEED". RUN BOTH WAYS & (THO ALL SEATS "1st Class") for a little extra,can get the front "V.I.P. SEATS. Have been doing this run for circa 20 years(including 1 that was in serious crash in tsavo area circa1995.17(locals)killed.manhy injured, including myself,(loss of hand).This vehicle(@the time) was owned by the"considered"best bus company Kenya, i,e, COASTBUS(Who "conveniently,for,them")went bankrupt,when my insurance tried to sue.My favourite way between the 2 places BY FAR is 1st CLASS SLEEPER TRAIN via Mombasa.Can "mutatu"to Mbsa 100Ks or MUCH FASTER &SAFER TAXI (7000/- NEGOTIABLE). THE TRAIN IS 9000/- P.P. IN A 2 BED CABIN,LEAVING MBSA 19.OO HRS TUE. THUR.SAT . Arrive Nairobi 8 a.m(if on time.but dont rely on it if connecting with a flight). can book on-line,but is yhro an agency,&they will NOT send you the tks. if you want a "personal"Nmbr, try my good friend EVE (Ticket office manager).her personal phone is (00254)722989243. shhe is also manager/coach/captain Kenya National Ladies netball team. mention my name & she will book &hold tickets for you "on trust" without any prior payment. BARRY (The only ENGLISH regular "Mzungu" in town (the rest are 95% Italian with a smattering of German,Spanish

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury buses from Malindi to Nairobi

BY FAR THE ONLY EUROPE/USA QUALITY BUS MALINDI-NAIROBI IS "TAWEED". RUN BOTH WAYS & (THO ALL SEATS "1st Class") for a little extra,can get the front "V.I.P. SEATS. Have been doing this run for circa 20 years(including 1 that was in serious crash in tsavo area circa1995.17(locals)killed.manhy injured, including myself,(loss of hand).This vehicle(@the time) was owned by the"considered"best bus company Kenya, i,e, COASTBUS(Who "conveniently,for,them")went bankrupt,when my insurance tried to sue.My favourite way between the 2 places BY FAR is 1st CLASS SLEEPER TRAIN via Mombasa.Can "mutatu"to Mbsa 100Ks or MUCH FASTER &SAFER TAXI (7000/- NEGOTIABLE). THE TRAIN IS 9000/- P.P. IN A 2 BED CABIN,LEAVING MBSA 19.OO HRS TUE. THUR.SAT . Arrive Nairobi 8 a.m(if on time.but dont rely on it if connecting with a flight). can book on-line,but is yhro an agency,&they will NOT send you the tks. if you want a "personal"Nmbr, try my good friend EVE (Ticket office manager).her personal phone is (00254)722989243. shhe is also manager/coach/captain Kenya National Ladies netball team. mention my name & she will book &hold tickets for you "on trust" without any prior payment. BARRY (The only ENGLISH regular "Mzungu" in town (the rest are 95% Italian with a smattering of German,Spanish

8. Re: Luxury buses from Malindi to Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:15