We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety on safari in samburu

Provo, Utah, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
safety on safari in samburu

Who was ambushed and robbed on safari in Samburu? Need details as I am planning on being there in 2016. Advice, precautions.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: safety on safari in samburu

Hi Delynn

I notice you have just posted on the same forum,

You have been to Samburu four times, i wonder why you ask 'who has been ambusged and robbed " ?

You are in a better position to answer yourself, did anything happen to you ?

Allan

Provo, Utah, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: safety on safari in samburu

I recently saw someone post about being ambushed and robbed, but I wanted to read the whole report. That is what I was looking for. I found it, it was in 2013. I didn't have problems when I have been there, but I was last there in 2004. I also read someone else's suggestion that you could hire a security person to accompany you on safari there for a reasonable fee. FYI.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safety on safari in samburu

I would like to inform you,that please try to ask the owner who posted that she/he was robbed in Samburu,as i speak to you i have been in Samburu every week .But no body as complain so far

nyc
Level Contributor
14,919 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: safety on safari in samburu

The incident to those visitors in 2013 was scary, but also very unusual. Thousands upon thousands of visitors have stopped at Samburu with no issues whatsoever.

I sure wouldn't take it off my list of areas to visit.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety on safari in samburu

I was just in Samburu and didn't hear a peep about it. I am planning to return to this magical place next year.

6. Re: safety on safari in samburu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2016, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Samburu National...