We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel costs to Sofitel Palm Resort from Changi Int?

Essex, England
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel costs to Sofitel Palm Resort from Changi Int?

I am flying into Changi International airport and would like to make a booking at the Sofitel Palm Resort Hotel in Johor Bahru.

Can anyone tell me how far this journey is from the airport and what options we have for transport?

We are likely to get a taxi to take us there but would like to know an idea of how much this will cost?

A

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel costs to Sofitel Palm Resort from Changi Int?

The taxi from the Changi Airport cannot enter Malaysia(Johor Bahru), you need to transfer to Queen street looking for Taxi to Malaysia/JB, some are Singapore taxi and some are Malaysian Taxi, both can use. Cost should be around S$60 (sorry not very sure),as for me I always using private transporter to pick up at Changi airport, normally they charge me RM140/trip.

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel costs to Sofitel Palm Resort from Changi Int?

From Changi Airport to Queen Street -- you just told the Taxi driver you are going to Malaysia/Johor Bahru and ask him sending you to Queen Street Taxi Station (Taxi Station to Malaysia).

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel costs to Sofitel Palm Resort from Changi Int?

Sorry forgot to mention that the taxi from Queen Street normally allow to go to Johor Bahru Taxi Station only, from there you need to call a taxi to Palm Resort (JB to Palm Resort around RM40). I would like to suggest that you ask the taxi Driver at Queen Street whether he can direct sending you to Palm Resort or not, I think the Malaysia Taxi driver might able to do it but may be he going to charge you higher.

It is so troublesome that's why we normally arrange the private transport to pick up. If you interested kindly let me know and I can provide you contact no and you can call directly.

4. Re: Travel costs to Sofitel Palm Resort from Changi Int?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 03:16