We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money changers, credit cards and luggage lockers in JB

Which Johor Bahru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth Western...
Level Contributor
294 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Money changers, credit cards and luggage lockers in JB

Hello everyone.

DAY SHOPPING TRIP FROM SINGAPORE

Should I change my Singapore and Australian $'s in Singapore before shopping in JB? If JB is better to change money can someone recommend a reputable money changer who generally has good rates in a safe place.

We plan on doing quite a lot of shopping. Is there somewhere we can leave our shopping maybe in a locker to pick up before returning to Singapore if it is too heavy to carry around all day.

I assume that a credit card is safe to use in large shopping malls like Tebrau City or KSL City Mall in JB or am I better to have cash.

Thanks for any information.

M

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
974 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money changers, credit cards and luggage lockers in JB

The S$ to RM rate is around S$1=RM2.35, you can check at Singapore side and compare whether JB or Singapore having better rate. In case you carry A$ I think you can exchange in JB if not mistaken in Singapore the rate will be A$ change to S$ and then S$ change to RM, this might have currency exchange loss twice. Cannot recommend the money changer you need to compare yourself, but sometimes can asking more (voice up) in case you want to exchange more. Major Shopping Malls is safe to exchange your money.

In case you just shopping in major shopping malls, then credit cards is safe and easy, but you need to prepare some cash for foods and taxis.

Sorry I cannot remember having any lockers for storage your shopping items, sometimes may ask the shop owner allocate some space for you.

Enjoy your shopping in JB.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
294 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money changers, credit cards and luggage lockers in JB

Thankyou so much for your information ping-i3

Kind regards

M

3. Re: Money changers, credit cards and luggage lockers in JB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 22:15