We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

My family of 5 needs to go from Spore to Melaka and wonder if it is easy to catch a taxi transfer when we arrive in JB on Spore taxi. Do taxis in JB go to Melaka? Thank you for quick reply

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

There are reasonably priced day or overnight tours from Singapore to Johor Baru and Melaka. I would suggest selecting such tours to ease your travel problems.

Further, a taxi is authorised to carry a maximum of 4 adults. Do take that into consideration. If you do, you will need to change taxis at Kota Raya terminal.

Finally, if you prefer a DIY, there are comfortable coaches from Singapore

http://www.busonlineticket.com/

www.journeymalaysia.com/ptasingmelaka.htm

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

Like hypl mentioned taxi only can carry max 4 adults which cannot fit your request. If your purpose to Melaka only for sight seeing then taking the coach will be easier and cheaper, if you have other purpose then charter the MPV is another choice.

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

Thanks so much for reply. I called a Spore limo service and an MPV to take us to melaka costs SGD400!! but this is a door to door service. Coach is sounding better indeed

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

I remembered last time someone asking the JB transport pick up at Singapore hotel and then to Muar, the cost was around S$300, so S$400 is at the high side, just take the coach will save your money!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

Hi all,

we too are a family of 5 and want to go from Spore to Melaka.

We would be happy with the bus, but I notice that the last bus depart from Spore at 7:15 PM...we will arrive at Changi at 5 PM, I think we hardly can catch this bus..

A limo service wants 400 SGD, as stated...

Do you think that going to JB by public transport and hire a cab/mpv from there could be a more affordable option ?

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

If your flight is arriving at 5Pm, you might probably able to catch the bus from Singapore at 7pm. The immigration and custom clearance at Changi is very efficient and you should able to clear it before 6pm.

Refer to link stated that 07:30pm Citiexchange express last bus is 07:30pm go and asking at Singapore forum how long time from Changi to Kovan Hub Bus Terminal?

www.singaporemalaysiabus.com/malacca.html

By MPV or taxi still consider expensive. By in case you think money is OK for you then asking the JB side MPV operator directly pick you up at Changi to Melaka no need take public transport to JB then hire taxi or MPV to Melaka.

Edited: 21 March 2012, 07:33
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

Thanks Ping-i3 for your suggestions.

You're right, maybe 2,5 hours are enough to catch the bus, but you could have problems if the flight is late, and than you haven't a plan "B"....

A private car is for sure expensive, but they'll wait for your flight landing.

I just got a quotation of 260 S$ from

www.singaporetomalaysia.com

Anyone knows/used these guys ?

singapore
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

hi cinquenelmond,

so how is the service from www.singaporetomalaysia.com that you got quotation at $260?

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

The service was good, the driver picked up us in the pick up area at Changi T1, we send an sms right after the baggage claim and he confirmed us the meeting point.

The car was a Toyota with enough space for the driver, 5 of us and 5 pieces of luggage.

We had no problem passing the border via second link, it was friday evening, it took 1 hour from the airport to Malaysia border and another 2.5 hours to reach our Malacca guest house, the driver drop us off right in front of the door.

All was included in the 260 SGD (fuel, tolls,... ).

Good service, even if a little pricey compared to the bus.

Mentioned in this post
Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: from singapore to Johor bahru to melaka

Thank you for the feedback and we might refer to this posting in case any members are asking the service Singapore Changi to Melaka.