We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changi Airport to JB Sentral

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 posts
Save Topic
Changi Airport to JB Sentral

Hi,

We're looking for the best possible option to go JB Sentral from Changi Airport. There are 12 adults and a child in our group. Anyone give advice most economical way to travel to JB Sentral.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sentral Johor Bahru
163 Reviews
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
269 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changi Airport to JB Sentral

Hi Anton,

Try this:

http://transtar.travel/crossborder/

Get off at JB CIQ only, do not go to Kotaraya, just walking distance from JB CIQ to JB Sentral. JB CIQ=Malaysia, JB Imigresen.

Alternatively, from Changi airport terminal 2, take MRT to Kranji station, and change bus to JB CIQ. (more buses)

But try to avoid to travel to JB after 5:30pm, serious traffic jam, as a lot of JB people work in Singapore are going back to JB at this hours.

Are you travel with Jetstar? They have free buses from Changi to Kotaraya.

Hope this help.

Mentioned in this post
163 Reviews
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Changi Airport to JB Sentral

Hi hualien,

Thanks for the information. I've small question for you. As you said, I can take transtar from Changi Airport to JB CIQ. If we go to JB Sentral, can we take express coach service to KL?

Do we have any facilities for disable people in JB Sentral and other parts in Malaysia?

Mentioned in this post
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
163 Reviews
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
269 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changi Airport to JB Sentral

Hi Anton,

If you want to go to KL, immidiately after the JB CIQ, go for "buses"(different direction to JB Sentral), take a bus (i.e. bus 170) to Larkin bus station, there are plenty of buses go to KL from Larkin bus station.

One of the buses to KL :

http://causewaylink.com.my/

It takes about 4 hours, and fare is RM31, (ask whether is there a discount for foreign elderly). There will be a toilet break in between.

May I know which part of KL are you going?

Alternatively, you may go to KL by train, but longer hour.

http://www.ktmb.com.my/

There are facilities for disable people, but not all places, you need to ask around.

Mentioned in this post
163 Reviews
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
269 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changi Airport to JB Sentral

Hi Anton,

I just checked, Airasia, a budget airline, there is a direct flight from Colombo to Kuala Lumpur, do you know that?

Mentioned in this post
Colombo
Colombo
Western Province, Sri Lanka
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Changi Airport to JB Sentral

Dear hyaline,

Yes we have Air Asia direct to KL. But issue was to book 13pax by Credit card. In the same time we thought to visit Singapore in the same time. As you said on previous post, we'll go Lakin to get coach service.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changi Airport to JB Sentral

Another suggestion is after Changi airport take the transport to coach pick up point from Singapore to KL (but you need to check at Singapore Forum how to go the pick up point), you will be safe and no need to change the bus at JB side.

Mentioned in this post
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Changi Airport to JB Sentral

Hi Ping-i3 & Hualien,

Our flight will come to Changi Airport at 7am. Can I come to Lakin Bus terminal before 9.30am?

I'm planning to use Changi Airport to Kotaraya cross boarder service.

Mentioned in this post
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changi Airport to JB Sentral

Very hard to predict, normally Sunday will be less traffic at the both countries CIQ. As you mentioned your flight will arrive at 07:00 and after clearing Singapore Changi CIQ and collecting your luggage then should be around 07:30 (eventhough Changi is very efficient with this), in case you cannot get the 7:xx bus you will need to wait next bus which is an hour later. As for 7am bus base on the schedule you should reach Kota Raya Terminal 09:20 and you need to change bus to Larkin Terminal within 10minues looks like not possible. But in case there are a lot traffic at CIQ then 2 to 3 hours is possible. Please take note that the Cross boarder service bus will not wait for you in case there is many people queue at both CIQ, you will need to wait the next bus which may be an hour later or you need to purchase another normal bus ticket (SBS 170 etc) from CIQ to Larkin Bus Terminal.

Please take note that the passangers should carry their luggages from the bus while passing the CIQ of both countries.

Hope this will help.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
269 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changi Airport to JB Sentral

Hi Anton,

Yes, as Pingi3 said it is very hard to predict!

I aslo would like to mention:

1. Passing both CIQ is not easy, especially if you are travel with disabled;

2. If you are going to KL, the bus will go from Larkin bus station to TBS=Terminal Bersepadu Selatan=KL bus station for southern region, and you will then need to transfer a bus/taxi to KL city,

http://www.tbsbts.com.my/

3. I noticed that :(a) from Colombo to Singapore, is about 4hrs,(b) from Changi airport to Larkin bus station, another 3 hours(est),(c) Larkin to TBS, 4hrs, (d)TBS to KL city another 30min to 1hr, the whole journey at least take about 12hrs. It is going to be very tired;

4. Why not consider to stay in Singapore for the first few days before travel to KL! Or stay in JB( which will be cheaper) or Melaka, which is also a main tourist spot in Malaysia. And travel to KL latter.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need further help, as I know it is not easy to arrange for such a big group!

Mentioned in this post
Colombo
Colombo
Western Province, Sri Lanka
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Melaka
Melaka
Central Melaka District, Malaysia
10. Re: Changi Airport to JB Sentral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2011, 12:05