We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Singapore

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Singapore

We would like to visit Singapore in December of this year but we are considering to stay in Johor Bahru as the hotels are much cheaper.

Is it convenient to travel from Johor Bahru into Singapore each day? How much does it cost and how long is the trip? Is customs a hassle and should we be concerned about traffic congestion in December? Is there convenient access to a bus from the new Tune hotel?

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus to Singapore

Hi! My family and I are planning to visit Singapore this December too. Other than taxis dn buses. Is there any other land transport that we can use to travel from Johor to singapore? Such as train or metro?

BRUNEI
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus to Singapore

easy you can take many buses from Johor Sentral (CIQ) to Singapore every day it's only cost S$2,40 and the journey take around 30 minit arrive at Singapore.

BRUNEI
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus to Singapore

easy you can take many buses from Johor Sentral (CIQ) to Singapore every day it's only cost S$2,40 and the journey take around 30 minit arrive at Singapore.

Kucing
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus to Singapore

Hi, I dont know how to post a question in Tripadvisor, May I know the last bus from singapore to JB? I plan to visit the Garden By the Bay during night and after that return to JB Hotel.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,123 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus to Singapore

Hi Leong Q,

There is the Causeway Link bus to Larkin from the Queen Street bus terminal. The terminal is in the Bugis area not that far from Gardens by the Bay.

This is the bus schedule.

http://causewaylink.com.my/singapore-bus#/-1/

Note that the buses do not wait for you to clear immigration. The normal procedure is for your to wait for the next bus after you have cleared immigration in Singapore and again after the CIQ at JB. That means you cannot take the last bus from Singapore. Johore taxis are available too at the Queen Street terminal if you want to take a taxi instead.

For more info, please post your question in the Singapore forum.

To post a question all you need to do is to go to the destination forum main page and click on the Ask a question button.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 04:31
Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus to Singapore

Hi, im going to visit my boyfriend at Mount Elizabeth Hospital another 2 weeks. As far my survey, it easy to understand how to touch down at Singapore from Malaysia by KTM Train that board at Woodland Train Checkpoint and take bus to nearest MRT to go to Orchard Station. However, i need an advice how to get back to Malaysia at cheapest train ticket since i had read tips about buying train tickets at JB Sentral is cheaper than buying ticket at WTC. All i need to know is how can i doing something like that whereas i'm travel using public transport. Which public transport station should i take? Which bus should i take? Which station should a board for me to get in KTM train at Johor? Help me. This is my first time travelling outside Malaysia.

Level Contributor
63 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bus to Singapore

Now a day the bus tickets price has been increase to RM2.60 (causeway link- yellow bus) n if u travelling during peak hrs it will take an hrs to gone through the clearance.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bus to Singapore

Hi,

I'm posting this from Johor Bahru. I travelled from Changi in Singapore by Causewaylink to JB. At the border you need to take all of your bags through customs. I arrived on Wednesday and it took an hour and a half from Changi to JB. Saturday morning it took 2 hours to travel to Jurong East by bus because of volume of people. It took an hour to get back, no reason...the journey seems to take whatever there is no rhyme or reason when congestion can be expected, I was taking to someone who was through customs and in Singapore from Woodlands in 1 hour on Friday evening at 5.00pm. Everyone jams on to whatever of the Causeway buses is available just to keep moving.

Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bus to Singapore

These days the clearance at Spore CIQ takes like forever .

The locals usually don't want to risk missing a flight out of Changi by taking the public transport.

Plus lugging big bags up & down the escalators & bus at both ends of the check point is just too troublesome.

Even with a private vehicle transfer, I left JB recently at 4.30 am for a 10 am flight and just made it on time !

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,036 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Bus to Singapore

In my opinion to stay in JB hotels to save money then misjudge the transit time and miss your vital international flight is false economy. By all means stay in JB if its for a few days as its certainly way cheaper for everything than Singapore but spend your final night in a budget hotel in Geylang as its on the MRT line to the airport and even taxis from there are not expensive.

I have stayed in Hotel 81 chain several times. Nothing flash but its only for one night and food is also cheap around there too.

Its important to note that some parts of Geylang are red light areas so if with children be aware of that. But they're confined to a small area.

Safe travel in Asia. Pierre.

Edited: 31 August 2014, 15:13