We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

Which Johor Bahru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

I like to share my experience of going to Johor Bahru straight from. Changi Airport. The hassle free way as I was travelling with 2 children. if you take Jet Star there is a free coach ride from Changi Airport all the way to Kotaraya 2 terminal. You have to go to the Jetstar website to download and fill up the free coach form, bring it with you and present it along with your Jetstar boarding pass which the coach service Driver of Transtar will keep. Please visit the boarding times in the Transtar website, so far , there is a lull between the 2:15 pm to 5:15pm sked last Tuesday March 12 not reflected in their website, to save yourself from going all the way to their booth in Terminal 2 to confirm the current schedule, you can just call the number listed on the free coach form. Coach bay is located at Terminal 1 of Changi Airport., when walk out of the main exit of Terminal 1, just outside the luggage claim area, turn left and walk straight until you see Burger King on your left, keep on walking and get out of the exit in front you , turn right, cross a small pathway wherein you can see many buses parked. , I think the Transtar buses in the number 6 row. Bus ride takes around 1.5 hours, the Transtar bus will stop at woodlands CIQ, clearing immigration takes less than 5 minutes, but you must take your luggage with you and make mental note of the bus plate number, so that once you are cleared, you will board the same bus which is park immediately after the immigration clearance area, bus will wait only 15 minutes, if you got left behind board the next transtar bus which could run into waiting a full hour. After apxm 10 minutes you are at the JB CIQ, take your luggage again with you, from the CiQ , there is a covered walk way ( long long walk that will take you to City Square ), or after Clearing CIQ, just below the bldg, there are many taxis, please ride the red and yellow kind with meter to take you to your hotel or you can board again the same Transtar bus which terminates at Kotaraya 2. hassle free for me and highly recommended for foreigners who rather try to avoid the stress of riding a public bus in an unfamiliar place and battling out the different bs numbers to take and where each particular tpe terminate. please note for those who are staying at Tune Hotel, available paid shuttle service is for Legoland only, for Hello KittyTown , you have to take a taxi and booked a return ride before hand, because HKT is in an isolated area with few taxis seen. Hope this helps.

115 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
42 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

thank you bbmars. I am quite familiar with Spore and ever travel from Changi to Sentosa by MRT

Johor Bahru...
2 posts
Save Reply
62. Re: The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

Hi, for a person with 3-4 luggages traveling from JB to Changi airport, is using Transtar Coach service troublesome? or anyone has any better options? Please let me know. Thank you.

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

Troublesome. And if you do not move fast enough thru the passport lane, the transtar bus will not wait for you even we were only 5 people riding the Transtar bus and I am sure the driver knew it, , he sped away, when we came down through escalator, we saw the driver was pulling out of the curb already and mind you our family of 3 made up the 5 passengers he had in the bus : ( not wanting to wait for another hour for the next transtar bus We took a smrt bus ( public bus of Singapore ) that stops at JB Sentral. Look for the recent thread of Kevin 707, listed is the limo taxi details, AJ Express Transport, it is only 60 sgd one way and 60myr one way is the route is jb to Singapore, and when you ride the limo taxi, the taxi just pass through special passport channel, where you do not have to get off the vehicle nor lugged your baggage up and down the immigration building.

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

Dear SANRIo . By the way, this recent post is from my recent experience going into Jb via Transtar. My previous experience with in 2013 was vastly different , our bus was fully loaded,, almost all seats taken, so we were about apxm 40 people, yet when after the immigration process, when we rode the bus, the bus seem as full a it was when we got off and the Singaporean driver even greeted us " hao pang " ( very good) when we got it. Maybe it might be all be the factor of THE DRIVER, the driver I got this year looks like a China man not a local, who has a scowl on his face and can not stop hacking his phlegm in the trash bin beside him all throughout the ride from sing to jb

Indonesia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
65. Re: The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

Hi DancingfeetManila,

Good day to you. I am Picar from Indonesia. I need your advice.

On December 2014, we (3 adults, 2 seniors, 2 kids and 4 luggage) will be traveling to Legoland via Singapore. Arrival time in Singapore airport is around 1 pm.

Would be it troublesome if I hire a limo taxi service to get us to our hotel first in Singapore to put our luggage and then continue the trip to Legoland and go back to our hotel in Singapore?

What would be the cost for that entire journey?

Please recommend some reliable, convenient, trustworthy limo taxi service companies (both in Singapore and Malaysia).

Let me hear from you.

Thank you.

picar

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

Better take a limo taxi going to JB and back. Since you have seniors and children with you, it s quite a handful already, you do not need to worry about getting a seat in public bus for your kid or eldelrly because it does not have a sure seat guarantee for it whether publc bus or transtar, sometimes depending on the time you rode, it might be standing room bus nor being left behind by coach , too much of a hassle for your companion load. Please contact AJ EXpress via email or contact them via phone o pre arrange. What' s more they got different vehicle to suit your need, they have common sedan vehicle or bigger type likes Toyota innova that can seat 6 comfortably. I used sedan since we were just 4 people, they charge me 60 sgd one way. Sing to jb.

By the way is your trip to jb overnight or just day trip. If day trip I advised not to go n the day you flew into Singapore, you can hire limo to take you over on another day. The theme park close early, and you have to count in travel time from Changi to Jb is is apx an hour so you do not have much time to left explore jb attractions like Legoland and Putreri harbour , Ksl mall . It is like all effort to just o get to Jb without the time to enjoy it. If you are planning overnight in JB upon arrival to singapore, the limo service type can be pre requested to fit in four luggages nd 5 people, please look at the thread Kevin 707 listed in the page before for limo details . Or you can check the contact details of AJ Transport i use in your tripadvisor mailbox .

Hope this helps.

Indonesia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
67. Re: The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

Hi DancingfeetManila,

Thank you for your reply and advice & PM. It is really useful information for us.

I will check the limo service and will come back to you if I need your advice again.

Have a nice day.

picar

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

You are welcome. Happy Travels.

Indonesia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
69. Re: The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

Hi DancingfeetManila,

I sent a PM to you. Please check it.

Thank you.

picar

Johor Bahru...
2 posts
Save Reply
70. Re: The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB

Thank you dancingfeetManila. Your information is really helpful.

Reply to: The hassle free way from Changi Airport to JB
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted