We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips on visiting legoland?

Which Johor Bahru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Tips on visiting legoland?

Hi, we plan on going to legoland the end of this month. Any tips on how to save time on the wait time for the rides? And what are the must do or don'ts at the park? This will be our first trip to Malaysia. We have young children, age 6 and 2.5 years old.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
623 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips on visiting legoland?

The wait times on the rides depend on the number of people in the park, pretty much. A non holiday Tuesday will see fewer people there, and shorter queues. We were able to sneak our tall 5yo past a couple of age restrictions, but there are also height restrictions on a couple of rides (large roller coaster and the water splash being the main ones I remember.

You will get soaked on the water splash, so plan for it - you'll dry quickly enough.

It will be hot, and there is not a lot of shade. Plan to spend some time in the construction centre and see one of the "4D" movies for some relief from the heat. We were there just before the water park opened, but others may be able to comment.

Food is not hideously overpriced, but a limited range. And plan for some souvenirs, but normal lego kits are probably cheaper when discounted at home.

Happy to answer any specific questions. :)

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips on visiting legoland?

Thank you for your answer lnego. More questions, Can we bring food to legoland? My 2.5year old girl has diet restriction as she cannot eat textured solid food yet. Can we bring drinks? I guess bottled water in the park would be expensive.. I assume we can bring backpacks for our change of clothes?

I am so sorry for bombarding you with questions..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
623 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips on visiting legoland?

Not bombarding at all - it's fun to recall good experiences.

I don't recall any bag searches for food, so can only think yes, especially if there are dietary restrictions. My recollection is that we took bottled water with us (we took the bus tour option). Perhaps check the website about any limitations?

And a backpack with dry tops for the kids was just fine. I recall shelves (not lockers) for bags at some rides.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips on visiting legoland?

Legoland is a lot more relaxed about most things especially compared to the theme parks here in Australia. One the day we took our 4 & 8yo boys, there were practically no queues for any of the rides. In most instances we just walked up and got practically straight on the next ride. Personal belongings, if they cannot be taken on the ride, are just put over on the 'exit' side of your ride/carriage and I suppose the ride attendant 'supervises' them. I wasn't overly concerned about losing anything while at Legoland.

The 4D movie theater is a great relief from the heat, and I think we saw about four different movies while we were there.

I'm sure you will have no problem taking your own food in. You should also keep in mind (even though you walk through the "shopping precint" to get into Legoland, I completely forgot!!) - there are many food outlets/cafe/restaurants in this shopping precinct directly adjacent to Legoland (i.e. 20m from the front gate!) Although we had a RM8ish? hot dog in the park, we decided to go outside to the mall for our actual lunch and again, there was no issue with this. Just check at the gate when you go out if you need a pass, or just your original entry ticket to get back in.

Your 6yo might be a bit young for the robotics class, but there is a fun room where you can create lego buildings to withstand earthquakes, and build your own cars to race down a track - we spent a great deal of time in here!

We bought hard foam swords & shields from the Lego shop and the boys have had such a great time with these.They were great for them to play with back in the hotel rooms, and nice and flat for packing in the cases - really good value if you can still get them!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
623 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips on visiting legoland?

We bought a sword a shield as well (our 10yo IIRC) :)

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips on visiting legoland?

You can easily bring your own food in. But to stay free, you can easily to buy foods there with many food selling this shopping precinct directly adjacent to Legoland, just a few minutes walking from the front gate.

7. Re: Tips on visiting legoland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:17