We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grab or Uber in Langkawi

1 post
Save Topic
Grab or Uber in Langkawi

would like to know is there Grabcar or Uber service in Langkawi, to be specific at Pantai cenang area.

115 replies to this topic
canada
Level Contributor
156 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Grab or Uber in Langkawi

Can you use Grab or Uber if just using wifi from the hotel or airport for example. I am using a work phone so will have no data etc., but easy access to wifi obviously?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Grab or Uber in Langkawi

@okop

Yes, you can use wifi from the hotel/ airport if don't have any data. That's what I did during my trip to Langkawi. I didn't want to buy a prepaid card so i just used wifi from my hotel.

Some tips for you; When outside of hotel/ airport,try to search for free wifi such as Subway or Starbucks. If you're dining in a restaurant, they might also offer free wifi though you might need to ask them for the password.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Grab or Uber in Langkawi

Mikhail_Istari that's good we will check them out I have had a look at their website and the rates seem good but we'll wait until we get there in late May, many thanks

84. Re: Grab or Uber in Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 January 2018, 10:05

london
Level Contributor
318 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Grab or Uber in Langkawi

Hi we arrive sunday early evening and planning to use grab to get a taxi from airport to pantai cenang

We probably need a 6 seater as we have kids buggies and luggage. How much are we looking at?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,144 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Grab or Uber in Langkawi

Most Grab and Uber on the island are private cars so I am not sure you would get a 6 seater to fit people, buggies and luggage - you may have to have two vehicles.

1 post
Save Reply
87. Re: Grab or Uber in Langkawi

Hi, may I know the status of now? Does langkawi have uber or grab?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Grab or Uber in Langkawi

Shree S, Have you bothered to read 86 posts above yours?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Grab or Uber in Langkawi

You can use your Australian app...i visited in Dec 17 and used my already installed app of Uber (India app) and it works well in Malaysia as well as Singapore.

Klang, Malaysia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
90. Re: Grab or Uber in Langkawi

-deleted-

Edited: 18 March 2018, 11:45
Reply to: Grab or Uber in Langkawi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi