We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali or Langkawi?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bali or Langkawi?

Hi, we went to Bali (Sanur) and Ubud last year and fell in love with the place. We are playing an another trip in July this year, taking in Borneo, Penang and KL along the way. We are, however, undecided whether to try a different area of Bali or visit Langkawi. For those of you who have visited both, what are the pros and cons? We loved the Balinese people and culture and don't just want a beach break. Thanks.

46 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Bali or Langkawi?

Remember #39 , Bali is better in YOUR OPINION. Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else. TA is about information and opinions.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Bali or Langkawi?

#40, #41,

What's your complaint again ?

My comment #28 is still there. I am sure it will get deleted if it is not right or valid.

43. Re: Bali or Langkawi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2018, 12:21

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,137 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Bali or Langkawi?

Hi

I think you actually mean Nusa Dua ad not Nusa Dusa. I have stayed in that area although it was a long time ago and it is (or was) very quiet and exclusive with major 5* hotels and nothing like the "real" feel of Bali.

If you did not like the main area on Langkawi then you will not like some of the places in Bali, so chose your area carefully.

BTW the expression is "bogans" not "brogans".

45. Re: Bali or Langkawi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2018, 12:21

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Bali or Langkawi?

Many first time western tourists choose Nusa Dua or Sanur over other parts of Bali and missed the best of Bali. I will prefer Kuta, Legian, Seminyak or the northen part. Ubud, the cultural heart and soul of Bali must not be missed for at least 2 days stay.

Nusa Dua is only good to stay for future repeated visits.

Reply to: Bali or Langkawi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi
Recent Conversations