We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a Car

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a Car

We are going to Langkawi next month w Airasia. We plan to rent a car and drive around the whole island. Is it easy to rent a car when we reach the airpot or do we have to pre-book?? I'd prefer a smaller car, what's the average rate per day??

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
6,989 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a Car

Hi Nef,

sure you can rent a car directly at the airport or at the Jetty Point. Keep in mind that we are approaching peak season and that it will be more expensive than normally. Depending on the size, quality and insurance you can expect to rent from 50 RM / day up to… well, up to the moon, I guess. But Langkawi is a small island; you don’t need a car so often. I would say max. 2 days and you have seen the most interesting spots. And average tours like going to the mangroves or diving comes in a package incl. pick up.

For more detailed questions please come back.

Eva

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a Car

Hi

We rented a car from our hotel Pelangi beach hotel and that was a 160 MYR when we were there last year. I guess this was a bit more expensive than renting it from other car rental places but it included all the insurances that we needed. Send me a mail on gardkarlsen@hotmail.com if you want to take a look at my Langkawi trip report with pictures :-)

Regards

Gard

3. Re: Renting a Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2011, 15:51
4. Re: Renting a Car

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2007, 05:09
5. Re: Renting a Car

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

Removed on: 10 December 2007, 17:02
Batu Ferringhi...
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting a Car

Make sure that when you rent a car you are well covered by insurances; Better to be careful than sorry!

Just a kind warning!

Francois

Portola Valley...
Level Contributor
163 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting a Car

We just rented a jeep for the day at Pelangi beach resort - it was good.

There were many cheaper rentals on the nearby road.

Also if you take boat rides for a couple of days - snorkel trip and pregnant maiden lake - then you can get picked up at your hotel.

We found in 5 days we only needed a car for one day. One day we walked quite a way and got a taxi back for 10 RM (about $3 US).

Several folk rented scooters and there are also some bike trails and bikes to rent.

8. Re: Renting a Car

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 04:19