We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on "must see" while in Langkawi???

Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Advice on "must see" while in Langkawi???

My pregnant friend and I are travelling to Langkawi for 3-4 days and I would love experienced advice on what we should not miss while we are there. We love beaches, relaxation, water sports and anything outside. Another question: Is there a good hostel near the beach anyone recommends?

Thanks

Rose

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,291 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on "must see" while in Langkawi???

Hi Rose

Eva is an expert at Langkawi for more info

1)Mangrove tour & Kayaking

2) Pulau Payar marine park

3)Herbal farm & talk

4)Geo park

Goto :canai beach at Langkawi for affordable accommodation

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on "must see" while in Langkawi???

Dear Rose,

there are plenty of hostels, resorts and boutique hotels in the area around Pantai Cenang and Tengah. Let us know your budget and we will come up with ideas. We have innumerable beautiful beaches and Langkawi is a great place to relax. I hope the pregnant friend is feeling fine! Depending on her physical situation I would recommend to make one day tour by car around the island including cable car, a visit to the Datai, Temurun Waterfall, northern cost direction Tanjung Rhu (beautiful beach) and than Kuah, Eagles Square. Lunch at Telaga, Dinner either Yacht Club or Wonderland.

Don't miss out the Mangrove tour with Dev or Jungle wella. Maybe some birdwatching and a sunset cruise. Three days is not much, and as relaxation is a point taker for you, choose your resort carefully.

Come back if you need more information.

Eva

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on "must see" while in Langkawi???

Hi Rose,

Tropical nature, plenty of grenery, nice & cheap local typical asian food, lots of space, easy life, enough sun and lots more.... My favourite is the Nature walk & waterfalls.

Happy Planning!

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on "must see" while in Langkawi???

Hi,

My must see in Langkawi are cable car, a drink at Datai and sunset at Tanjung Rhu Beach.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on "must see" while in Langkawi???

Hi there

My 'must see' in Langkawi would be the cable car and sky bridge - awesome!! I am just terrified of heights, but I wouldn't have missed this. The mangrove tour was also excellent.

6. Re: Advice on "must see" while in Langkawi???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 23:16