We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

" Shared" Sunset Cruise

world
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
" Shared" Sunset Cruise

Hi, I'm planning to visit Langkawi soon and am contemplating including a sunset cruise. I've read that Crystal and Stardust are the 2 leading providers of the Sunset Cruise on a "shared" basis. Would appreciate feedback on these 2 providers. Or if there's another provider I should consider. Also what happens if the weather is bad?

thanks

Lyn

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: " Shared" Sunset Cruise

Hi Lyn,

Very nice to hear that you are coming to Langkawi, Sharing based sunset cruise is one of the best thing i would say...

Crystal,Stardust and Dynamite Cruise and Blue Water Star sailing are very famous for Sunset dinner cruise.

I have been on Sunset Dinner Cruise with Blue Water Star Sailing recently, it was great experience for me and my family, we had a great time with Eva and the team.Most important is the food, it is superb....very good quality, value for your money.

Don't worry about the bad weather, its a big yacht and very safe even in a bad weather.

Contact Eva at www.bluewaterstarsailing.com

** you can read more review about blue water star sailing in things to do ( tripadvisor )

Thank you,

Cholan

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: " Shared" Sunset Cruise

Hi Lyn,

Have to agree with Cholan in this matter. I have been on for cruising with all Crystal Dancer,Stardust and Dynamite Cruise, Blue Water Star Sailing & Kayu Manis. I have to admit that the most professional one is Eva's organization. Slightly pricey but excellent. You know how the saying goes "You pay peanuts, You get monkeys".

Just contact Eva @ evalotto@googlemail.com for more info... but Eva specializes in charter rather than shared cruise though...

London, United...
Level Contributor
741 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: " Shared" Sunset Cruise

How pricey is pricey? My husband and I are wanting to do a sunset cruise too.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: " Shared" Sunset Cruise

Approx £60 per person but it's certainly worthwhile of course...

Don't miss that!

London, United...
Level Contributor
741 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: " Shared" Sunset Cruise

oh, not too bad in UK terms :)

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: " Shared" Sunset Cruise

Obviously not... Enjoy your planning!

langkawi
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: " Shared" Sunset Cruise

Hi Lyn

You better be careful with Bluewaterstarsailing.

We had serious discussions about this company here at TA. Eva had given an interview in a German travel magazine, reporting some highly dubious business behavior.

They have overcharged tourists by 100 %

So better watch out how much they want to charge you.

Maybe better not to book through the tour desk of a 5-6 stars hotel I presume. You will get the very same service like the others who pay only 50 % of your rate.

Otherwise - have a fun filled cruise !

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: " Shared" Sunset Cruise

Hi there

We done a sunset cruise earlier this year - I think it was Crystal we went with and it was absolutely fine. It was unfortunate that Eva's boat was out of commission when we were there, but we did visit Eva and her husband Gerd and we saw her own boat and also the one we would have gone on had we been able to - they were lovely. Yes, it's true that Eva's prices are higher, but from what I have read, you get higher quality and personal treatment compared to the others (not that there's anything wrong with that - it just depends what you want and what your budget is). Whichever one you choose, you will be sure to have a great time.

world
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: " Shared" Sunset Cruise

Thanks all for your input.

Mariscat - on the Crystal boat, what would one do in the event of heavy rain?

thanks

Lyn

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,103 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: " Shared" Sunset Cruise

Hi

On Eva's boat you could inside the cabin or alternatively the boat deck is covered with an awning to keep of the sun/rain so you could still be out in the open if you wished.

Can't say what the other operators will do in the event of rain.

Lesley