We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi in January

Down Under
Level Contributor
709 posts
29 reviews
Langkawi in January

Hello all, well the amazing trip to Langkawi we had planned for October 2nd has fallen in a heap due to me damaging my back...ANYWAY, wanted to know about the weather in January, we are going to be there round the 20th.

UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
1. Re: Langkawi in January

Better than October (drier).

Langkawi Island...
5 posts
2. Re: Langkawi in January

Well, it's past rainy season (June-October). Won't be raining all day long. Maybe once a week. Sometimes, when it gets too hot (like 34deg Celcius)during the day, it might rain the night after. But December -January is fun and sun for the people in Langkawi

Down Under
Level Contributor
709 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Langkawi in January

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better.

Wrexham, Wales
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
4. Re: Langkawi in January

just got back from Langkawi (Andaman) yesterday. Was told by the locals there that the best time to go Sunshine-wise is December/January.

But to be honest the sun is so relentless that unless you don't mind burning yourself to a crip, then you'll be sitting in the shade during the day anyway. During our stay there half was overcast and half was glorious sunshine. Both extremes you can burn, and it's hot all the time. The sea is lovely and warm, even on a dull day.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time there whenever you go.