We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to rent a car at Langkawi? Airport or town?

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
118 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Where to rent a car at Langkawi? Airport or town?

My flight to Langkawi will arrive at 2215 hours. And after two days, we have to depart back in the early morning of third day (at 0900 hours). That means we will spend two days at Langkawi. Should I rant a car right from Airport and return it the third day morning? How much they will charge me for two or three days?

Or I should go to hotel by taxi and next morning rent a car from Town?

Which is the apprpriate option?

Pls guide

Thank

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to rent a car at Langkawi? Airport or town?

Hi

In my opinion, if you are going to rent then it would be better to get the car from the airport, which should cost around RM60 per day, but it all depends on where you are staying.

You ask would it be better to rent from town, but there is only one town & that is Kuah. Is that where you will be staying? Or are you staying on Pentai Cenang/Tengah?

Mick

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
118 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to rent a car at Langkawi? Airport or town?

Its a resort downward from Airort, but definitely not in Kuah.

Question was will the renta car at the airport be present at 0700 AM to take the car back?

And the car will be with me for two full days and three nights. What is their charging method?

Thanks for reply and look forward to have it again.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to rent a car at Langkawi? Airport or town?

Hi..hope U dun mind if join this thread.

I'll be gg to Langkawi in 2 weeks time.

Do I have to pay the rent in full at the time of getting the car?

Do I return the car at the airport before flying back home?

thanks

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
118 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to rent a car at Langkawi? Airport or town?

I don't know if you have visited Langkawi yet. But I have returned after spending time there. I rented a Car immediately after arrival at the Airport . There are counters of agents in the arrival lounge. I hired a Car for two days and three nights ( I reached around 2245 and my returned flight was at 0855 after two days). They charged me for only two days RM210 Net for a Proton Wira Automatic. I paid in advance with an addition RM 50 as deposit for key. I returned the car while departing to them and got my deposit money back. It was very convinient driving there with the help of Map.

5. Re: Where to rent a car at Langkawi? Airport or town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 05:16