We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AFL grand final in Langkawi??

Melbourne
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
AFL grand final in Langkawi??

Does anyone know if the AFL grand final (25/9/10 at 2:00pm AEST, 12pm Langkawi time) will be shown at any bars/clubs/hotels in Langkawi, preferably in the Pantai Cenang area? Thanks for your time.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AFL grand final in Langkawi??

until recently, i would have said the rimba bar at berjaya was your best bet, but there have been a few changes so i'm not sure now. historically, its never been that big of a thing in malaysia, but you might be lucky at one of the bars on p.cenang.

pam

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,109 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AFL grand final in Langkawi??

Dear Frank,

I am not really competent here but I asked around and this is my list:

Telaga Harnbor, a new place that I have not yet seen. They have a big flatscreen TV. Mostly yachties and locals here

Irish Bar in Pantai Cenang

There must be a popular sports bar run by Murali....

Beach Garden

Charlie's Place at the Royal Langkawi Yacht.

Another idea: go to Babylon Bar and ask the boys.

Eva

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: AFL grand final in Langkawi??

Hi Frank,

I am in Pentai Cenang for the grand final and have been recommended to go to the Yellow Cafe in Pentai Cenang or the Sun Karma at Pentai Tengah. I will be at one or the other if they're showing the GF.

Otherwise, the australian network, Astro Channel 514.

Cheers.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: AFL grand final in Langkawi??

thanks mate for your reply might see you there for a beer

5. Re: AFL grand final in Langkawi??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2011, 05:18