We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

Hi,

I am thinking of booking my langkawi travel (KL-Langkawi return air tickets and 3 night hotel stay) through Air Asia. Have anybody done hotel bookings through them and how is its reliability and the service?

Thanks a lot

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

you might get more answers on the k.l. forum for this one. i don't think very many people use air asia to langkawi but lots do to k.l.

pam

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
299 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

We've flown Air Asia to and fro KL quite a lot and on the whole they are pretty reliable. They have about five flights a day so if one gets cancelled there is usually not much of a wait until the next one. Don't know anything about booking hotels through them though as we live here.

Cheers

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,277 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

Air Asia has a good following here in TA. I had also booked a hotel using their website and I got what I paid for just like when I book with Asiatravel.com or Agoda.com or other booking sites.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
277 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

I hate dealing with Airasia, they are the most unfriendly anti-customer minded organization I know outside the government but then again, you get what you pay for.

I use Airasia about once a month to and from Langkawi to many destinations in and out of Asia.

Now you have to ask yourself, when there is a delay ( 8/10 times, there is) then are you willing to pay for another ticket for your connection flight? That is the problem, if you come to that problem, you will NOT be reimbursed.

That's the big downfall. Also, dont try to call customer service, you will not get through unless they accidentally pick up the phone...

BUT

for a KL to Langkawi flight where you have no appointments or connection flights, there shouldn't be a problem and they usually are the cheapest aside from Firefly.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,277 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

The moral here is don't book Air Asia or any other budget airlines if you have a connecting flight on the same day as saving a little when things go right does not make up for the huge amount that you will have to pay when things go wrong. Be sure that you will be in KL the night before your flight back home.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

sadly, even that may not be enough...

there is a current thread on the k.l. forum detailing some unfortunate people whose flights back to australia were cancelled. air asia kindly rebooked them for 11th september, 14 days later! no refunds, of course. and they were obliged to pay top dollar to other airlines to get home.

pam

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
437 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

We have used Air Asia a number of times but always book our hotels after reading TA reviews. So far we have found the reviews to be most accurate and reflect the accomodation very well.

We usually contact the hotel direct via their website.

Perth
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

Could not agree more with your sentiments Myisland girl.

They are happy to take your money for their so called cheap flights from Aus

But after all their "extras" maybe they are not so cheap.

I forfeited a flight to Stanstead return during the volcanic eruption as not one of their staff,and I did manage to speak with one after numerous calls,.was the least bit interested

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

Any fresh comments or new developments from anybody on the relability of flights (incl. Malaysian Airlines) from Langkawi to Kuala Lumpur??

Edited: 17 February 2011, 03:30
norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia (Flight + Hotel) bookings

we always use MAS or singapore airlines and they have proved 100% reliable in the past. they are full service airlines and include a soft drink and a small snack even on a 40 minute flight, with a meal on flights of over 90 minutes. baggage allowance and ife is included also. along with the safety net of being put on the next available flight if delays occur. [so far they have not..]

pam