We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

Just wondering if there is any difference in the jellyfish situation between Cenang and Tengah - is one more prone to it than the other?

Also in terms of water quality - is one nicer than the other?

Thanks in advance!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,236 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

Hi

Both are right next door to each other - it is difficult to tell where one ends and the other begins - so that should really answer your question.

I was at Tengah last evening and there were loads of people in the sea. Just be aware that there could be things there and most of all enjoy!

Lesley

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

Thanks for the response.

I'm trying to decide between staying at Beach Garden Resort or Sunset Beach resort - would you have a preference between these two?

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

Hi

As with all hotels there will be plus points & negative points. Beach Garden is on Cenang & has a pool whereas Sunset beach is on Tengah & doesnt have a pool. The problem really is that what one person may like, another wont so I'm afraid the choice is yours. (if all else fails flip a coin! heads for beach garden). Either way you wont be disappointed.

Mick

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

Dear Raincoat,

Pantai Tengah has less jelly fish, that is for sure! It must have something to do with the current. Having said this, keep an eye on the current, it can be dangerous!

Eva

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

Thanks for the info guys.

Eva - I had a feeling that Tengah has had much fewer reports of jellyfish. That may sway us towards sunset beach resort. But that said, Beach Garden Resort has a pool as a back up if they're are jellies.

Decisions, decisions! Probably whichever has a vacancy is more to the point! :)

6. Re: Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 18:45
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

I don't why that message above is there? I didn't ask for it it be removed. Strange.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

Dear Raincoat,

what was the removed message about???

Was it yours?

In any case, Sunset Beach and Beach Garden are in walking distance to each other. If you stay at Sunset, you can still go to Beach garden every now and then or from Beach Garden to Tengah for a swim in the ocean.

Whatever you finally choose, book fast as both are quickly fully booked as both are popular but small!

Eva

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

Thanks Eva - How long do you think it would take to walk between the two? And is it a well-lit, busy road after dark? We will definately be doing some drinking and eating in the evenings!

I was referring to post #6 - says something about being removed and inactive. Not sure what it is, doesnt matter.

Edited: 05 November 2010, 01:13
Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cenang vs Tengah- Jellies and Water

Dear Raincoat,

the road between Pantai Tengah and Pantai Cenang is brand new and in very good condition. It is safe to walk there even at night. I would say it takes about 15 to 30 min. depending on where you start.

Eva

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi