We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Weather & Avoiding school holidays...

England
Level Contributor
41 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
The Weather & Avoiding school holidays...

Can anyone tell me if the last two weeks of June clash with Malaysian, Thai or Australian school holidays? I have read some reports which have said that the hotels are overrun with kids at certain times of the year - my husband and I would prefer to go when there are fewer children around. The end of June is not a popular time in the UK to take the kids away - so I'm hoping we might avoid Malaysia, Thailand and Australia too. Also can anyone tell me what to expect weather-wise in Langkawi at the end of June...Many thanks!

1. Re: The Weather & Avoiding school holidays...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2016, 23:00
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
768 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Weather & Avoiding school holidays...

Australian scholl holidays vary by state. In 2011 there are holidays from 27th June to 18th July.

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Weather & Avoiding school holidays...

Hi

We were in Langkawi at the end of june last year & had no problems with hoards of screaming kids. There will always be kids around all of the hotels but shouldn't be a problem for you.

As for the weather, who knows, it will be hot, you will more than likely get some rain, you may even get a thunderstorm or two whatever the weather does, you will get wet, either from the rain or from sweat

Happy planning

Mick

England
Level Contributor
41 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Weather & Avoiding school holidays...

Thank you for your replies!! Hope to book it this weekend!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Weather & Avoiding school holidays...

Hello, Malaysian School Holiday for 2011 is May 28th to June 12th 2011... Normally June is hot and humid... We always have heavy rain in Nov and Dec. However, weather is very unpredictable. Yeah, u must avoid malaysian school holidays as the price of hotels, car rental and others will hike up...

6. Re: The Weather & Avoiding school holidays...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2011, 05:17