We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telaga Harbour

England
Level Contributor
41 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Telaga Harbour

Can anyone tell me how far the Telaga harbour is from the Berjaya and how much is this in a taxi? Are taxi's readily available in Langkawi? If you have any info on nice restaurants around the harbour - please let me know...

Thanks

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Telaga Harbour

Hi there,

Berjaya to Telaga Habour should be 2 miles or half an hour walk.

Cabs are available easily from Berjaya to Telaga Habour but coming back can be an issue to hail a taxi. Pls take down the driver's number and call him back or get the restaurants to a cab.

There are several nice restaurant here. My favourite is Mare Blue & The Loaf.

If you would like to try Kirgistani food, there is USSR Restaurant. There is also Palao Palao Chinese Seafood restaurant and Tapas Bar. There is also an Indian Muslim eatery by the name of Almaz which serves nice Roti Chanai, Teh Tarik & good Mee Goreng (3 Malaysian favorite street food).

Happy Planning!

Bas

England
Level Contributor
41 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Telaga Harbour

Dear Bas - thanks for your reply, it is really helpful!

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Telaga Harbour

You are most welcome :-)

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
6,989 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Telaga Harbour

Dear Foo,

there is a new restaurant in Telaga Harbor. A Malaysian top class one called Privilege. I had dinner there only once so far but it was amazing! Fairly cheap for what you get! It is on the first floor above Mare Blue.

Eva

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Telaga Harbour

Hi

Taxis are available from Telaga harbour up untill 11:00pm. There is a "taxi stand" at one end of the main car park.

Have fun

Mick

Edited: 11 March 2011, 07:31
England
Level Contributor
41 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Telaga Harbour

Thank you all for your comments - I am looking forward to trying the new Malaysian Restaurant...I can't wait to get to Langawi!

7. Re: Telaga Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 14:15