We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ideas for stag nite hotels/motels

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
ideas for stag nite hotels/motels

me n a couple of mates plan to have a short weekend stag nite on pantai cenang, do you have any budget hotels/motels that you can recommend.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ideas for stag nite hotels/motels

Where are you from?

what are you looking for on a stag weekend?

There are plenty of expensive or budget hotels......depends on your expectations for the weekend

Am I invited.....when will you be there?

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ideas for stag nite hotels/motels

Hi novice2006,

Could you give as a little more info?

Maximum you want to spend for the hotel per room.

What kind of entertainment you are looking for?

Amenities the hotel must have.

Interests.

Anything at all you can provide will help us narrow down the search for you.

Sadly (also good sometimes) Langkawi is not a big party place though and many people come away a bit disappointed if that’s what they came for. Unless you go around a major holiday (XMAS, New Year, CNY, Etc) the island can seem pretty slow or downright dead. Even in those busy times it has more of a family or honeymooner feel to it. When we are looking for a fun party night out we head to Bali or Thailand. Langkawi just can’t compare to those places for nightlife. Malaysia is more conservative than those places, even more so in Kedah where Langkawi is. Langkawi does not have many clubs and the bars aren’t very busy in the off season. Some of the hotels will even close down all but one restaurant and bar.

As I said above if you can provide a bit more info I would be happy to point you to a few places.

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ideas for stag nite hotels/motels

hi,

well we r planning to do this early december, simple fly in n fly out on a weekend. Heard pantai cenang has a couple of decent joints for a couple of boys to get pissed. am worried abt finding a place to accommandate 12 drunks ;)

budget wise, room rates of 200 would be best, leaving us more partying money. Would love some input guys.

Cheers

Novice

UK
Level Contributor
396 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ideas for stag nite hotels/motels

A strange plan for someone from London!

I'm sure you can find somwhere much more suitable for that amount of flying time. I have a feeling that Langkawi may not have what you're looking for!