We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of food etc at the berjaya

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
827 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
cost of food etc at the berjaya

hi

could anybody give me an approx idea of the cost of food at the berjaya for 2 adults and 2 kids ( both 5 year old), minus the alcohol.

we would mainly be having dinner, as lunch would be outside and breakfast is included.

Are there any atms' and moneychangers nearby?

do they accept indian rupee?????

thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
827 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of food etc at the berjaya

sorry to intrude

but did get some idea from a previous post, but any inputs would be great

thanks

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,557 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of food etc at the berjaya

Hi

There is a money changer at the Oriental Village which is about 5 mins walk from Berjaya and a bank and ATM's at Telaga Harbour, around 10 mins drive.

As for cost of food, well that would depend on which restaurant you eat at and what you have. Most meals in the Dayang Cafe are from about 25RM upwards but more expensive in Oriental Pearl and Pahn Thai. Snacks are quite a reasonable price from round the pool.

Lesley

Mentioned in this post
Oriental Village
Oriental Village
571 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia
Berjaya Langkawi Resort...
5,232 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Pahn-Thai Restaurant
Pahn-Thai Restaurant
485 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
827 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of food etc at the berjaya

thanks steady

do you have any idea if they accept indian rupee, maybe katomumbai could help.

another query i had was, whether indian bank debit cards could be used at the atms???

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,557 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of food etc at the berjaya

Hi

I do not see why you would not be able to use your Indian debit card at the ATM

Lesley

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of food etc at the berjaya

Hi Sanjoy

Dinner for the 4 of you can be around RM50-75 total as a guide - no alcohol. I do not think it can go beyond RM100 at all. I am considering the usual things ordered by Indian families with kids here! - french fries, pizza, etc.

Debit Card - make sure this is 'international debit card' - with a visa or mastercard logo. If your debit card does not have any of these two logos, it will not work. And of course, Indian Rupee is NOT accepted here.

My earlier debit cards with icicibank and hdfc bank did NOT have these logos - and did not work while I was in HongKong. But luckily I had another debit card which was clearly marked by my bank as 'international debit card'. This had a visa logo and it did work.

Any more advice - feel free to write a private message.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
827 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of food etc at the berjaya

well my state bank of india 'international debit card' did not work at the state bank of india atm in mauritius, it has all the desired logos..... can you believe that. always thought sbi service was a bit lousy

but thanks

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of food etc at the berjaya

This is surprizing indeed........

Just make sure you carry a credit card.....most handy

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of food etc at the berjaya

Hi, just a few ideas of food, six satay sticks with peanut sauce, and a plate of chips costs us 28myr, a vegetarian wrap with a few chips cost 28myr, this was at the pool bar and we found this ample for two people for lunch.Thai restaurant was 213myr, for two course meal for two with wine. The buffet in the restaurant was 220 myr for two with drinks so I think about 90 each for the food. Snacks were all about 28myr for the pizza's ect..The prices of meals were about the same at the harbour restaurants but lots cheaper if you go to Kuah or the beach resorts. In kuah we had a lovely meal for 70myr for four people with soft drinks.

Mentioned in this post
Kuah
Kuah
Langkawi, Malaysia
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
827 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of food etc at the berjaya

thanks lin

Mumbai, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of food etc at the berjaya

Hey Sanjoy, I am planning to visit Berjaya Langkawi...how is resort, how was food. We are veg. is it expensive?

Mentioned in this post
Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia
Berjaya Langkawi Resort...
5,232 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia