We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Langkawi

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Langkawi

Hi - First time on this forum.....Thinking of spending Christmas in Langkawi with our family - self, wife, three children ages 24,22,20 years. Will four days be enough time? Probably arriving via KL on 24th Dec and leaving on 29th to head to Thailand for New Year. And, most importantly does anyone have suggestions of where to stay and what type of accommodation would be best. Obviously somewhere with restaurants and bars for a bit of night life would be preferable.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,103 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Langkawi

Hi

You would probably be best looking at hotels such as Pelangi or Beach Garden. These are in Pantai Cenang which is the main tourist area of the island so there are lots of outside restaurants, shops and bars.

Most of the big hotels have special dinners on over the Xmas period which you are "obliged" to join and pay extra for and of course, the prices do shoot up for this period.

Langkawi is very laid back and there are very few clubs and such so your kids may find it a bit boring unless they just want to relax on the beach most of the day.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,057 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Langkawi

Dear Mullos,

you don't say anthing about your budget but check out Bon Ton and Temple Tree. At Temple Tree is at least one house that can accommodate all of you, that is the big China House. It is gorgeous. But not directly on the beach but only 5 min. away from it. But the view is stunning and everything else as long as you like animals.

For the Christmas Dinner I would either go to Bon Ton or indeed to my beloved Beach Garden. Both never disappointed me

4 days are by far not enough if you ask me. There is a lot that you can do here.

Eva

3. Re: Christmas in Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 22:15