We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kl Lcct between flights

Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Kl Lcct between flights

Help please

Will arrived in KL LCCT AIRPORT at 15:30,

and catch my next flights at 17:25 to langkawi

by airasia, is it enough time for us to change

Flight to langkawi?

Thanks for any advise

Thanks

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,925 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kl Lcct between flights

Hi

If you head to the Kuala Lumpur forum you will see a load of FAQs, one of which is FAQ airport time between flights. As your question gets asked just about weekly we set up the FAQs, and FAQ Time between flights covers this subject ---> If you are on a iphone with restricted screen views then it is worth checking out from a laptop or PC.

On the forum we normally say 3 hours for LCCT to LCCT unless you have fly thru'.

If you havve fly thru then you should be ok . . . but most people don't book this.

It will take around 30- 60mins to get off the plane collect your bags, clear immigration and get to the check in desk or baggage drop. So if the flight arrives on time that is 16:30

The check ins close 1 hour beforehand [16:25] and 45mins[16:05] for the baggage drop, and they close promptly!

So you have NO safety margin for 'what ifs'.

As you are very, very likley to miss the connection you will have to buy new tickets at the going rate for the next available flight (which might be the next day) and you have no come back.

Go for a later outward flight.

Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kl Lcct between flights

Truely Thanks for your kindly help,

Thanks

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
276 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kl Lcct between flights

Hi i did the exact same trip last year KL LCCT then onto Langkawi it took me less than half an hour after getting off the plane and arriving at the gate for the Langkawi flight although i didnt have no checked in baggage,

so was one of the first to get through immigration if you added another 1/2 an hour you would be well within your time limit.

Of course thats if plane flights are on schedule etc

I had 4 hours between my flights next time i will organise it so i only have 2 hours,

robina
Level Contributor
150 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kl Lcct between flights

luck of the draw i would say lol . when we landed there back in feb so did 4 other international flights and took close to 1 hour to clear customs . we had 3 hours for next flight so had planety of time wold prob try and book a later flights !!!!!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kl Lcct between flights

This Feb It took me about an hour to reach LCCT from KLIA (Time includes taking the train to baggage terminal+walking down to bus counter + bus from KLIA to LCCT on a rainy day. Add another 30 odd mins to check-in my baggage on a web-checked-in ticket.

I had ensured around 3 hours gap between my next flight from LCCT after arrival at KLIA.

I'd suggest to keep enough buffer for unforeseen events like late arrivals, slow immigration checks, baggage delays, cab/ bus availability, travel from KLIA - LCCT. and checkin queues at LCCT..

Happy Flying!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,378 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kl Lcct between flights

Yes as per FAQs its best to allow 3 hrs between flights to allow for

unforseen events. Less is achievable providing all goes to plan.

Tommo

Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kl Lcct between flights

Was back, arriving at 3:00pm, although right in front of me

got more then thirty persons,but it took me less then 20 minutes

to go througt the immigration.

Thanks for all the good advise.

8. Re: Kl Lcct between flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:18