We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi twin centre

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Langkawi twin centre

Hello

I'm planning a trip to Langkawi in November and looking at the possibility of a twin centre break.Probably 5 nights inland (trekking rainforest visits etc) then 7 nights on a beach for relaxing with probably some diving and snorkelling.Anyone got any recommendations/favourites towards the mid to upper price range?

Thanks,

Tim

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi twin centre

do you mean you want two hotels in langkawi? or are you planning to visit taman negara or frazier hill on the mainland?

personally, i would just choose one hotel in langkawi and rent a car. the hotels in your price range are all on the beaches anyway. the only 'rainforest' hotel i can think of inland is on the top of gunung raya, d'coconut resort, which has very poor reviews.

in the paddies there is sunset valley and fox hill, both of which get good reviews, but they are not 4 or 5* resorts.

furthermore - langkawi is the wrong destination for snorkling or diving. for that you need the east-coast islands which are closed in november. the only snorkling/diving is from an expensive day trip geared to first-timers, or by joining a longer trip to various islands in thailand.

pam

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi twin centre

Pam

thanks for that very helpful advice -I may have to reconsider my plans.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi twin centre

I'd look at Borneo. Kuching or KK, then an organised trip to Mulu for trekking etc .

Then over to Sandakan for some more trekking (and orangutans), finishing in Sipadan for diving.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Langkawi twin centre

Rawtalent

thanks for the suggestion-it's a trip I did a couple of years back and I'm looking for something similar!

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Langkawi twin centre

I don't think you'll find anything.to compare within Malaysia.

Taman Negara for trekking, maybe Cameron Highlands. The problem is the diving/snorkelling, The Perhentians don't open until february.

Maybe look at Australia

6. Re: Langkawi twin centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:17