We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

We are traveling in December with our 2 children aged 4 and 20 months. These places both look about equal. Wondering if anyone can comment on one over the other. We want a nice beach for the kids, a child friendly pool and some local restaurants nearby. Planning for 7 days and then 7 in Penang.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

Holiday Villa anytime. Langkawi Lagoon is isolated, small beach and small pool. Holiday Villa has plenty of eateries nearby, nice beach & a nice pool.

Happy Planning!

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

Just back from Holiday Villa yesterday. Stayed two nights with my wife and 19 month old son. If you have kids, this is an easy choice. Vast play spaces I could even fly my kite, ample beach, big pool with deep extension, poolside bar extension, and separate shallow pool for kids. The hotel restaurant is adequate for the breakfast that came with our package, but lunch and dinner options just across the road are ample. If interested to travel a bit further out, pick up a rental car at RM65 per day from "T-shoppe" across the road, and all of Pantai Cenang's shops and restaurants are only 1 to 5 minutes away.

The only thing we weren't happy with was the 'old' tight design of the corridors and room accessways, as well as lack of complimentary bottled water we've grown accustomed to at almost every other hotel we stayed on our annual Langkawi trips.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

Thanks for your quick replies... now hoping we can still find availability

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
880 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

Hi Upendo

We will be staying at the Holiday Villa from December 27 till December 31.

Not sure of your travel period, but when I booked back in April, availability was limited.

Good luck!

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

Well done Botak Chin (Wo...that's a infamous name of 70's). Glad that you've had a good time in Langkawi. Pls keep writing about your experience here.

saudi arabia
Level Contributor
94 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

if you compare Holiday Villas should be the one. we stayed during July 2009

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

Mullos1962... we will see you there! (unless they overbook the rooms!). We found it on AirAsiaGo website whereas everyone else, including the hotel itself said they were totally booked.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
880 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

Hey Upendo - Same story - although I booked through bookings.com after being quoted waaaaaay more directly with hotel.

That's cool - where in BC are you from? I spent a lot of time living near Fairmont Hot Springs.........

Edited: 22 June 2012, 07:39
BC, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

Mullos1962-

We are in the lower mainland although I am originally from Alberta.

So looking forward to this trip. Have you been to Malaysia before? First time for us.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,702 posts
1,726 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Villa vs Langkawi Lagoon

We liked the Holiday Villa once we weer allocated the family room we booked. It has good sized rooms, popular with families, lovely pool, access to a good stretch of beach and the location is good.