We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids....what is good??

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kids....what is good??

Hi,

Can you please help in deciding which one will be good to enjoy with kids?

Rampat sailing on Carl and bea

Or

Damai Indah Luxury Cruises

Also any other attractions that kids would enjoy other than cable car and underwater world?

Please kindly provide your valuable suggestions as we r traveling this weekend,

Thanks.

Dblaine

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,985 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids....what is good??

Hi

Both Rampant Sailing and Damai Indah are excellent. Either one would be suitable for you and your kids.

They would probably also enjoy a mangrove trip with one of the eco-friendly operators such as Dev's Adventures. The guides on here will make it very interesting and informative for your kids.

Lesley

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,675 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids....what is good??

Remenber to leave time for your 3 and 5 year old children to play on the beach,it will probably be the best part of their holiday.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids....what is good??

i remain unconvinced that either of these options is good with two small children. you do realise how much it will cost, don't you? children are charged at FULL price on rampant. so around rm1200 for a day out. or put another way - the same as 4 nights in a cheap hotel! damai indah is 50% more.

you will also need to email to check if there are any age limits.

really - i think a cheap island-hopping trip would be better. these have less time on a boat, and more time doing other stuff.

don't get me wrong - i loved our days out with rampant. but i can't see it working with young kids.

pam

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids....what is good??

You are already aware of Cable Car plus you can try to see the Sky Bridge and Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls! They are nice attractions and your kids will probably love them!

Langkawi
Level Contributor
868 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids....what is good??

The original Damai Indah has a wooden tiller that I believe Capt Eva lets older kids steer for a bit. I haven't been on a DI cruise in a couple of years but I've seen Eva or one of the other captains show older kids their navigation equipment and explain some basic sailing stuff to them.

Some other suggestions for kids: there's a glass-blowing workshop at the back of Kompleks Kraf, or the Langkawi Craft Centre. Drive all the way to the parking lot at the back. It's very interesting.

If you go to Wildlife Park at 9am in the morning, the bird in the aviary are hungry and will land on your arms and shoulders to get birdseed. Kids will go nuts. There are also quail on the ground. Don't forget to feed them too (even though they peck HARD).

If your kids are older and into Karaoke, you can leave them in the evenings at the karaoke rooms at Sun Block in Pantai Tengah while you go dance and get drunk at the Sun Ba nightclub just a few feet away.

Patrick

Patrick

6. Re: Kids....what is good??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:16