We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Help

8 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental Help

Hi all,

I am going to Langkawi from the 7th of April till 11th April. Looking into renting a car during that period of time. Hoping to be able to get the car in Langkawi Airport upon arrival. I am 21 this year but have yet to celebrate my birthday thus i would be 20 years old when in Langkawi. Is there any companies that any one can recommend and what are the expected rates for a proton car ?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Help

Hi

Both Indra and Kasina have car rental desks at the airport, as do many others. Expect to pay around 60RM to 80RM per day for car hire.

Lesley

8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Help

Are there any thing that I would need to look out for ? Insurance of any kind ?

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Help

Make sure any dents and scratches are marked on the check list. Read documents properly, if there is anything you don't understand, ask for an explaination. Only when you are happy sign the rental agreement.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Help

You need to be 21 to rent from Kasina and I would suspect Indra will be the same.

There is a T-Shoppe in Pantai Cenang and I believe AB Motel may still rent cars, it may be possible they will rent to under 21's. If not you could look at M/bike rental

8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Help

Is there any car rental company that are licensed which will not require me to be 21 years old ? If so which of them should I be looking at ? Also do you have the address of AB motel and T-Shoppe which you were talking about ?

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental Help

Where will you be staying?

AB Motel is in the middle of the main strip, their office is on the beach side. They do have a website,, but were always useless at answering emails, hopefully this has improved as they've expanded.

T- Shoppe is about 5mins walk from AB going towards the airport. It's on the land side.

Edited: 03 April 2013, 19:42
Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental Help

No mention on their website about car rental, but here's their email abmotel@hotmail.com

8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental Help

I will be staying at Azio hotel. I believe it is located at Kuah

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental Help

I can only suggest you ask at the airport car rental desks, there may be another company prepared to rent you a car. If not, the other option would be to use taxis to get around. Or once you re in Kuah, wander down to the Jeti and ask there about hiring a m/bike.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental Help

Head over to Jetty point in Kuah, there's several of car hire desk. So you can compare the price among of them.