We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Day plan for Langkawi

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
2 Day plan for Langkawi

Hi

We are a group of 8(6 adults and 2 kids) visiting Langkawi and have 2 days to spend at Langkawi.

I have a rough plan, so please review it and suggest how i can make it better

Day 1 : afternoon: Snorkling - palau payar ?

evening : Pentai cenang beach area followed by dining/shopping

Day 2: Morning : Cable car/ panorama sky bridge

afternoon: Island hopping

Evening: liesure. . any other good activity ??

Also i would like to know what is better way to travel locally(Since i have a group)

Are the places mentioned located near making taxi fare will be nominal ? or i need to rent a van for 2 days ?

20 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,683 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Day plan for Langkawi

Hi

The snorkelling trip to Pulau Payar is a full day trip, not half a day so you can cross that from your list. Otherwise your itinerary looks ok.

The skybridge is closed at the moment for maintenance but the cable car is still open and is a better option in my opinion.

Some of the taxis are actually mini vans which can easily fit 8 persons so you will need one of those. The taxi price will be higher.

Enjoy

Lesley

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Day plan for Langkawi

Thanks a Ton Lesley

I was under the impression that Pulau payar is a location just off the coast, after a search on google map, I guess you are right. :(

Is there anything else i can replace this with ? which takes 3-4 hours ? Else i am ok Playing in the resort swimming pool :D as i will be reaching langkawi after 4 days in singapore.

About the taxi vs self drive option, I Hope the taxi does not cost double/triple the cost of self drive. I am comfortable driving normal cars, but it will be awkward driving a 8 seater van.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,683 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Day plan for Langkawi

Hi

After 4 days in Singapore you will be thankful to put your feet up and rest by the hotel swimming pool on your first afternoon and I am sure the kids will appreciate it more than being rushed off somewhere!!!

Langkawi is all about relaxing so do not try to fill every moment with something to do - just sit back and chill....

Lesley

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Day plan for Langkawi

Underwater World would be an option for the first day.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,005 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Day plan for Langkawi

Dear Webinav,

I would as well skip P.Payar as you have so little time. Langkawi's beauty is above the waterline. But that indicates you should do a tour on water. Best and cheapest is that you charter a boat for your group. Depending on your budget, a longboat is the cheapest. Less than 500 for 4 hours. You can design the tour yourself. I would go around Dayang Bunting and the river between Bunting and Tuba. You could include lunch there. If you are all fit enough, kayaking in the mangroves is great; in particular on Tuba. Alternatively either very early in the morning or late in the afternoon (to avoid the crowds) go to the Lake of the Pregnant Maiden

Depending of the month you come here, include a visit to a waterfall.

Have a drink as a sundowner and maybe even dinner at Bon Ton. From 5 pm onwards many birds come in.

Eva

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Day plan for Langkawi

Wonderful tips Eva.. thanks alot

I was planning to do this Island hopping thingy (3-4 hours ? ). Are you saying i should skip island hopping and go for a boat charter ?

Can you please point me to some reputed boat charter companies ? I am staying at RW Langkawi(I guess there is a boat jetty near by)

I also came across somethings like Sunset cruise etc. Is it worth it ?

I do not want repetitions with island hopping and other boat charters :) So please help me

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Day plan for Langkawi

Have a query on Car rentals.

I am only spending 2 days here. So will i really require Car rental ?

My driving needs are mostly:

1. Airport to RW Langkawi and back

2. RW Langkawi to Cenang area(multiple times for food)

3. RW Langkawi to Cable car and back

4. RW Langkawi to Kuah and back

Apart from this, I dont think i will require a taxi for island hopping/ boat charter etc. Since i have a group of 7, I will require a MPV which has higher rate(Kasina charges 300 per day for Innova) So If Taxi does not cost much more than this, I am better taking taxi. Else i want to go for self drive car. please comment

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Day plan for Langkawi

Hi

As a group of your taxi charges wil a lot hight=r than fo a group of 3 or 4 so I would say that for your your requirements then car hire is the way to go.

This will cost around RM100 - Rm120 per day (taxi from RW to cable car for your party will be around RM60 each way) & given that you intend to drive to P Chenang on multiple occasions then car hire will pay for itself.

Mick

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 Day plan for Langkawi

Thanks for the tips guys

I had good time in Langkawi. It rained one half so could not go out much but the place is perfect for being lazy :)

About the car rentals, After checking out the car prices(We needed a big car) i decided to go with taxi and it worked out to be pocket friendly too(saved close to 100 myr). I was almost sold on the Car rental but gave up after hearing that Insurance was not covered(3000 Myr in case of accidents).

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,005 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 Day plan for Langkawi

Dear Webinav,

I have just called "my" driver Mr. Mohd Yusof. He charges 180 to rent a van 24/hrs at low seaons (not weekends or school holidays). He charges 280 during high season.

He charges 40 RM per hour as a driver or 350 arrangement full day. All this can be negotiated. 019-4286088

I am not related to his business but I charter him very often.

Eva

Reply to: 2 Day plan for Langkawi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted