We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Danna

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Topic
The Danna

Hi,

I am coming to Langkawi next week and was wondering if I could get some advice on places to eat near The Danna? Also, my only plan is to chill and spend time on the beach, is there anything else I should make sure I don't miss out on? I have heard to be careful going into the sea as there are a lot of jelly fish around this area?

Thanks.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Danna

Hi

Just outside the entrance to The Danna there are several good restaurants which you could try. Privilege is excellent and so is Mare Blu and there is a very good Arabic restaurant just a short walk across the harbour.

The Danna has a wonderful pool area so perhaps you will not need to swim in the sea.

Do not miss taking a ride on the cable car which is at the Oriental Village which is around a 10 min journey from The Danna.

Enjoy

Lesley

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Danna

Thank you for the reply Lesley. Will research into the cable car and restaurants.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Danna

there is also an arab restaurant closer to the hotel - it is called lebanon and offers an arab menu and an indian one. the food is excellent. it is on the 'front' of the complex - nearest the road - rather than on the water. we used to like the one near the petrol station, which lesley mentioned, but found it had changed hands and gone rather down hill.

we also very much like the food at tapaz, which is on the waterfront, as well as privilege and mare blu.

that area is prone to sea-jellies, but the hotel has one of the nicest pool areas in the island.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,005 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Danna

Dear Tired,

you have a good chance that there is no jelly fish around at this time. The weather has been a bit rough and the jellies don't like this.

Sure, Nobody can give you a guarantee.

Eva

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Danna

How is the weather in the area around the Danna for the next few days?! I have been told it is raining a lot for this time of the year? I hope I get some blue skies along with the rain to cool me down!!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Danna

Hi

At the moment the weather is very hot and humid. There was a very short sharp shower around 7am today but now the sky is very blue.

Enjoy

Lesley

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Danna

Landed at 4pm and it hasn't stopped raining since... hope it picks up in the morning!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Danna

Hi

In the 12 years I have been coming to the island I think this is probably the worst day I can remember for weather!!!

The sky will be blue tomorrow so do not worry...... ;o)

Lesley

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Danna

Thanks Lesley - I really hope so. Looking at the forecast/speaking to staff at the hotel it doesn't look promising! Oh well - the indoor bar will do. :-)

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Danna

Might join you...... ;o)

Lesley