We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children (10 & 8)

Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children (10 & 8)

Hi, I have been getting very confused and frustrated looking for accommodation for my family in Langkawi in December.

We are after mid-range accommodation for AU$100-150/n with all of us in one room.

We would like to be near the water for my husband to go paddling/kayaking and be near food markets/restaurants.

The Resorts World was looking good but seems to have bad reviews. Berjaya looks fantastic but too expensive. Any other ideas are very welcome,

Thank you!

Dev's Adventure Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
JungleWalla
Boat Tours, Walking Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Toro Watersports
Boat Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Parasailing & Paragliding, Waterskiing & Jetskiing
Langkawi Club
Kayaking & Canoeing, Eco Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,849 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children (10 & 8)

Hi

What about the Pelangi or you could try Frangipani.

December is the busiest and most expensive time to be on the island and the hotel prices do reflect this. You will need to book as soon as you can for this period.

Lesley

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children (10 & 8)

holiday villas is a reasonably-priced compromise. they have family rooms and it is right on the beach.

Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children (10 & 8)

Thanks for those suggestions - it is great having a site like this with lovely people that help.

The Peritus is more expensive than Berjaya surprisingly.

I had emailed the Holiday Villas yesterday asking about their rooms but haven't yet received a reply. Their website doesn't give much information about the rooms and the bedding configurations. Is it close to other food options too?

I'll look at Frangipani now.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,849 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children (10 & 8)

Hi

Yes, Holiday Villa is easy walking distance to other outside restaurants, shops and bars.

Lesley

Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children (10 & 8)

Thank you Lesley. I've now had an email back from them so am just trying to work out which room has what.

Frangipani do have family rooms but they end up rather expensive too.

Thank you everyone for your input. I am a lot less confused now!

6. Re: Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children (10 & 8)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 06:21