We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wat to buy in Langkawi for friends & th prices? suggestions?

Karachi, Pakistan
10 posts
Save Topic
wat to buy in Langkawi for friends & th prices? suggestions?

As the days get near, I get crazy & worried whether I'll be able to enjoy and buy stuff for myself & (lots of) friends from there or not ..? :s

My budget for a week will be around a 1000 USD. (I've already paid for the hotels I'll be checking in at the 3 places). I'll stay in Singapore for a day or two, from there to KL for two or more days & then finally Langkawi for again 2 days or 3 max.

My friends & cousins are expecting a good deal of stuff for them. I ALSO want to have a good time for myself there of-course, like going for spa treatments, rides and stuff (if any). Do you guys think 1000 USD would hold for all that?

Any ideas what would be prudent to buy for my (mostly female & a few male) friends from there?

Whatever you have on your mind, please share. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
6,989 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wat to buy in Langkawi for friends & th prices? suggestions?

Dear Vivi,

we don't have much souvenirs that are produced here on Langkawi. Most stuff comes from Bali, Thailand or India. We do have an art and craft center. Some batik might be nice.

Apart from that: chocolate!

Eva

Karachi, Pakistan
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wat to buy in Langkawi for friends & th prices? suggestions?

Yes, thank-you Eva. Chocolates would do for my girls and maybe a few pieces of art for the elders in my family. Anything for the guys? Like perfumes or shirts?

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wat to buy in Langkawi for friends & th prices? suggestions?

perfumes and cosmetics carry no duty anywhere in malaysia. if these are on your shopping list, you might get a wider selection in the department store in k.l. likewise clothing.

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wat to buy in Langkawi for friends & th prices? suggestions?

Hi

You may find some gifts at the Kompleks Kraf.

Batik & pewter are just 2 of the things that you will find along with some nice clothing.

Mick

Karachi, Pakistan
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: wat to buy in Langkawi for friends & th prices? suggestions?

Pam, Mick, thank-you for your words. I'll keep my eyes open for these things. Especially when they'll be all duty free :D

6. Re: wat to buy in Langkawi for friends & th prices? suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 05:17