We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi I know nothing

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Langkawi I know nothing

Booked to go to Langkawi as part of an Air Asia sale for 3 nights but the name intrigue me. I know nothing about the area and wondering what to do. Not many questions and answers on the right of the page and now thinking of cancelling Langkawi.Any helpers out there that can assist in what I can do for 3 days.

Thanks O/S.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,395 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi I know nothing

Hi

What do you like to do??

Langkawi is a very laid back island and the attraction is the beautiful rainforests, mangroves and wildlife. Look under the tab at the top of the page marked "Things to Do". This will give you some ideas.

Come back for more information.

Lesley

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi I know nothing

this is a very odd question. i'm not sure i really buy it. you do realise, if you cancel a holiday bought in the sale, you probably won't get your money back? you are not usually permitted any changes, as far as i know.

so, perhaps we need this

http://media.photobucket.com/user/Acatseye/media/Yahoo%20Answer%20Snip-its/Troll_spray.jpg.html?filters[term]=troll%20spray%20can&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=1

or, perhaps, this might help

http://lmgtfy.com/

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi I know nothing

Hi,

Agreed with Lesley. Don't waste the chance since your booking was completed.

Langkawi is a very attractive island & I will visit this week as well.

Welcome to Langkawi.

South Hampton
Level Contributor
60 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Langkawi I know nothing

Don't cancel your trip to Langkawi-it is a neat island to visit. I was there for 3 days and enjoyed it very much! We stayed at the Dana Hotel which was lovely and is near a marina that has many good restaurants and bars to visit (especially at night) if you get tired of hotel food. I would suggest that you do one activity a day and pace yourself. The attractions that we enjoyed the most were the cable cars, going on the boat ride to see eagles, monkeys, mangroves and a driving tour around the island. Other than these outings, we spoiled ourselves and enjoyed the beautiful pool and beach at the hotel.

5. Re: Langkawi I know nothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 06:18