We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
90 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

I love Four Seasons but they're out of my budget this time. Thinking of Tanjung Rhu but I'm wondering if the place is a little tired?

If someone knows of somewhere else better, please let me know! Ideally, it'll be a little one-bedroom villa with a private plunge pool but hey, beggers can't be choosers. My budget's around RM1000 per night so I doubt I'll get what I want;) Alternatively, it'll be Bon Ton/ Temple Tree but husband's not a big fan.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,111 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

Hi

The Tanjung Rhu has recently undergone a complete refurbish so should be looking very good now if the works have been finished.

Lesley

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,111 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

Hi again..!

Alternatively have you tried looking at Seri Chenang Resort & Spa which is a new place, boutique size and has butler service. It gets excellent reviews.

Lesley

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
90 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

Thank you, both.

Seri Chenang is lovely but expensive (might as well stay at Four Seasons then).

I think we'll go for Temple Tree after all. My husband's not a huge fan but we both really like the idea of having cats around and would like to walk a dog or two. Plus we got engaged in Bon Ton years ago....

It is so boring going to Langkawi yet again but that island has really captured our hearts.

Essex
Level Contributor
206 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

Leslie,

Do you think the Tanjung Rhu renovations will be complete by Christmas? Website is showing very little sign of changes.... Also is there a new GM installed or are they going it alone?

Think this will be out final visit to the hotel. Prices have risen astronomically over the last 13 years and so many key staff have left, sadly.

Many thanks and kind regards to all x

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,111 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

Hi

I am on the island at the moment so will try to find out what is going on at Tanjung Rhu.

Yes, all prices have certainly risen on the island over the last 12 years - as would be expected, I'm afraid. I remember the good old days when you got 9RM to 1GBP but I am afraid those days are long gone - more to do with the GBP than the RM though!

Lesley

Essex
Level Contributor
206 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

Dear Tripadvisors & Lesley,

Was wondering if anyone has checked out the Tanjung Rhu renovations? Are they almost finished and is there a new GM?

Interestingly the website doesn't show any of the renovations and bizarrely Tripadvisor's last review is a 3 star one posted at the end if September referring to a member of staff who left quite some time ago....

Many thanks as ever.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,111 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

Hi

Afraid I have not heard anything at all about TR.

Lesley

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
171 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

I am also interested in Tanjung Rhu looks beautiful but is it in walking distance to local Malay restaurants? Also did you think it might be suitable for 10 yr old kids? Cheers

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,111 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

Hi

The Tanjung Rhu is lovely but there is really nothing in walking distance from it. You would need transport to get around.

It is suitable for children but really there is not a lot for them to do other than the beach and the pool.

Lesley

10. Re: How's Tanjung Rhu Resort nowadays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:16