We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gap between arrival to Kuala lumpur to flight for Lankawi

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Gap between arrival to Kuala lumpur to flight for Lankawi

Hi,

I am travelling from India to Kuala lumpur for my honeymoon in nov.

I have booked air aisa from Kochi to KL. I will reach KL at 6am.

I was planning that if i can catch flight to Lankawi the same day from air asia.

First Flight to lankawi is at 7 30am and next 12 30pm.

Will i be able to make it to 7 30am flight? i dont want to waste time sitting idle till 12 30. Pls suggest any means which can be done.

for example:

possible to catch flight in one and half hour?

or some checkin and boarding passes can be collected in Kochi itself for Lankawi that is our next flight?

what if we misses our lankawi flight?

WHat do you all suggest? pls help me.

if possible do suggest what other place we can club with Lankawi and Kuala lumpur?

place should be very beautiful and can be covered in a day!! thanks in advance

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gap between arrival to Kuala lumpur to flight for Lankawi

air asia is a point to point airline. if you miss your 'connection' - you will have to buy new tickets, even if the first flight was delayed. always build in extra time to account for this.

you will have to clear immigration, collect your luggage, clear customs and go to the checkin desk or bag drop. you need to complete checkin before it closes. it is not enough to merely be in the queue.

i would not try to visit too many places. every time you move, you effectively lose a day.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,240 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gap between arrival to Kuala lumpur to flight for Lankawi

Last check in for flight to Langkawi is 45mins before departure, so to do everything else you have only 45mins. So to get off plane, immigration, collect luggage, customs, get outside and check in for next flight. Of course this is if your incoming flight lands on time.

If you miss the Langkawi flight you will not be entertained by Air Asia and put on the next flight you will have to buy another ticket, so is it worth the stress and extra cost. Thats the choice you have made using a Low Cost point to point carrier.

Or you could book with Malaysia Airlines as there are flights before the 12.30 one with Air Asia, but of course you would have to go over to the other terminal and it may/may not be more expensive.

Or have a nice journey, take your time have some breakfast relax, no rush and get the 12.30 flight, thats what I would do.

Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gap between arrival to Kuala lumpur to flight for Lankawi

Impossible is nothing !! But it's absolutely not recommended :-)

Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gap between arrival to Kuala lumpur to flight for Lankawi

Impossible is nothing !! But it's absolutely not recommended :-)

5. Re: Gap between arrival to Kuala lumpur to flight for Lankawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:20