We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mangrove Tour & Island hopping in the same day

Edmonton, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Mangrove Tour & Island hopping in the same day

Hello Langkawi Experts!

We only have 4 days (3 nights) in Langkawi. Arriving from Lipe by ferry 12:30pm and leaving by plane at 2pm. We are staying at NR Langkawi Motel in Pantai Tengah.

1). Is it possible to fit mangrove river safari tour and island hopping tour in the same day? Where can we book/look for such tour? I have heard of AB Motel, other suggestions?

2). How long should we spend at the sky cable and sky trail? Full day? or half a day is enough?

3). Is Payar Island Marine Park worth a visit? (our trip plan is Phuket -> Phi Phi -> Lipe -> Langkawi)

4). I also want to do either the day cruise or the dinner cruise. But ahh.. might be running out of time :(

Any suggested itinerary for 4D/3N will be very appreciated. Thanks so much!

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mangrove Tour & Island hopping in the same day

skip pulau payar and do your snorkling off the beach in thailand. waste of time and money to do it here. [in my opinion].

mangrove tour [try dev's adventure tours for the best available] takes from approximately 9.30 till 3 including pick up and return time, so you can't really do island hopping on the same day. but you start or end your day with the cable-car, and do island hopping on that day. you could combine an evening cruise on the mangrove tour day - check out tropical charters.

alternatively, i like rampant sailing's day tour very much more than evening 'booze cruises'. it could take the place of island hopping too. it leaves from awana, quite close to where you are staying, at around 9.45 a.m. and gets back before 4 p.m. it includes a good lunch, swimming and kayaking, and a walk on an island if you wish. in my opinion, you will see more and get less hassle than on an island hop.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mangrove Tour & Island hopping in the same day

i should add - please book direct if you wish to use dev's adventure tours. it has been brought to my notice that unscrupulous hotel staff are booking cheaper imitators and pocketing the difference. or simply taking kickbacks from other operators to divert bookings.

why should this concern you? because, you may not be insured. you may be going with an illegal guide. you may not get anything like the experience you have paid for.

to be sure, book by phone or through the website

http://langkawi-nature.com/

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,109 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mangrove Tour & Island hopping in the same day

Dear Amy,

as you go first to Koh Lipe your are lucky. Snorkeling there is much nicer than here and that indicates you can skip Pulau Payar. To book any island hopping you can do that with the innumerable tour operators in Pantai Cenang. Most include the stupid eagle feeding. But to go to the Lake of the Pregnant Maiden can be fun. Go either early in the morning or later afternoon. The same applies for the cable car to avoid the crowds.

The mangrove tour can be either done without and a booking in advance if you simple go to Kilim River. But a guided tour is better but more expensive. Dev's adventure AND Junglewalla are the companies here.

Rampant and Stardust are the best companies for day tours on yachts. If you opt for Stardust you can even skip the mangrove tour as they operate in the area.

For sunset cruises check out Blue Water, Tropical Charter, Damai Indah and Crystal Yacht

Come back if you want to know any details.

Eva

Edmonton, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mangrove Tour & Island hopping in the same day

Thanks everyone!

We will be there over the new year eve/new year (Dec 31-Jan 3).

Anything happening on the New Year Eve?

We're not looking for a big party, just a nice relaxing evening/night.

Thanks again

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,109 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mangrove Tour & Island hopping in the same day

Dear Amy,

for the New Years Eve I would start at Yellow Cafe; most likely even stay there.

Irish Bar, Tammy's and a few other bars in the area but yellow cafe is really very nice and smash on the beach.

Maybe a nice dinner before at Bon Ton. Most hotels have compulsory events and some make a firework.

Eva

6. Re: Mangrove Tour & Island hopping in the same day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:17