We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation help

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation help

Hello everyone - I am hoping someone may help me - I am looking to book accommodation in January for 4 nights at a resort in langkawi. My wife and I like night stalls and local restaurants and lazing around the pool.

We are traveling with our 15 month son so would need a shop near buy to pick up anything we need for him. It is our honeymoon so we don't really have a budget for 4 nights.

I have looked for hours on TA for hotels but just not sure which area on the island would suit us best

Any help would be really appreciated and many thanks up front

london
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation help

Hi

congratulations on your forthcoming honeymoon!

you should have a look at Pantai Cenang (maybe Meritus Pelangi?) or Pantai Tengah (maybe Frangipani or Holiday Villa?)

these 2 areas are better if you are looking for shops, restaurants etc, you won't be too isolated

have fun

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation help

night markets in langkawi are not really the colourful tourist event you might be expecting. the night market is in a different place each week night, and is a rather prosaic gathering of household goods, ordinary clothing and food. interesting for a brief visit, but hardly a reason for choosing any particular hotel.

p.cenang and tengah will give you a choice of bars and restaurants, but really, i would not call them local. the area is quite westernized. for truly local food, you will need to go inland or into kuah, the main town.

if you want to be in the cenang area, the above mentioned hotels could suit. personally, i prefer the berjaya which is on the edge of the rainforest, and has plenty of wildlife. there are some nice restaurants close by at telaga harbour, but again, quite westernized in style.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,005 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation help

Dear Glen,

as you come in January you should book as fast as possible.

check out Casa del Mar. although I am sure it is already fully booked. Meritus Pelangi is certainly a great choice as well. Right opposite of the hotel is a supermarket where you can get all you need.

However, Cenang and Tengah sound the right area for you. Plenty of new places/restaurants and shops have opened recently.

Eva

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation help

Thank you to you all for your suggestions and views

5. Re: Accommodation help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 October 2013, 13:05
6. Re: Accommodation help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 06:20