We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Taiping, Perak...
4 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental

Im a student , i will be coming to Langkawi on 9 Dec 2013, in group of 12 person. We are all 17 and need to rent cars . i want to know that with license "P" can we rent a car?

Helsinki
Level Contributor
445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

From Kasina's website, and I think that it goes for most rental companies:

DRIVER'S LICENCE AND AGE QUALIFICATIONS

Kasina recognises all current Malaysian driving licences. Overseas visitor may use recognised current issued by their country of residence. It is important that Renter and any additional drivers must be at least 21 years of age and over, and hold valid licences of at least one year. Provision drivers and newly qualified drivers are definitely prohibited from driving Kasina vehicle.

http://www.kasina.com.my/term.html

Edited: 12 November 2013, 13:45
Taiping, Perak...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

Thanks , i've seen this before. So, now im trying to find some company like only require a legal driving license . Hope anyone in this forum have idea with that can share with me . Thanks. Because we are kind of desperate now. The group has formed and all are underage to rent a car. Please kindly help us.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

no legal company will rent to you. sorry, but that is the way it is. look instead at using mini-buses [called 'vans'] - taxis which can carry up to ten people.

Taiping, Perak...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

Okay thanks..

5. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 06:20