We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendations

Riyadh
8 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendations

Greetings,

I am actually planning on spending my honeymoon in Langkawi and was wondring if anyone could recommend any good hotels.. I am looking for something luxury, private, room with perhaps a view of the ocean ... I looked into Westin and Barjaya until now, both look good but berjaya seems little off the way., has anyone had experience with these hotels?

any other recommendations would be highly appreciated.

My budget is around 1000-1300 MYR per night.

Thanks

Saad

MALAYSIA
Level Contributor
185 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendations

http://www.thedanna.com/

This is the latest hotel, located at Pantai Kok. Most 5star establishment are near Tanjung Rhu and North tip area;The Andaman, Four Seasons, Datai

The newly opened Four Points is in the city

Riyadh
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Hi,

Ok I went through some hotels which were coming in my budget and have shortlisted the following

1. Westin - Premium Room with Ocean view.

2. Meritus Pelangi - Delux Double room with beachfront.

3. The Andaman Langkawi - Luxury Seaview double

I am now a bit confused as to which one to go with.

I am looking for something quiet, peaceful, some place where i can have a quiet walk on the beach, and a

room with a good view. also something which is sort-of muslim friendly ... i think all restaurants are halal

If anyone who has stayed in these hotels can share their experience that would be great .. i need to make the booking soon :)

Thanks

Saad.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendations

the westin is a short taxi ride from kuah, the main town on the island, where there is a twice-weekly night market and a plethora of local restaurants. note: in kuah, many chinese restaurants are not halal. the westin beach is small: not really for walking on.

the pelangi is on one of the longest stretches of beach in the island, on the modern strip development of p.cenang. cenang has a number of restaurants, nearly all of which are halal.

the andaman is on one of the nicest beaches in the island, and has abundant wildlife. but there are no restaurants or shops, other than those provided by the hotel. taxis from there are charged at a premium.

the berjaya has a few local, muslim owned restaurants in walking distance, with more a short, cheap taxi ride away. it has a beautiful beach, and is built in the rainforest, so plenty of birds and wildlife.

all the hotels mentioned are halal, and muslim friendly.

i am not sure what the poster at #1 means about the four points. it is not in a city. there is no city in langkawi, and the four points is near the airport and not much else.

Riyadh
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Hi Pam_redboots ..........

Thanks for the brilliant response..

So i guess i might go with Pelangi .. Andaman is good but it seems a little far off for me ... and berjaya seems to be fully booked.

Have u tried pelandi ? is the beach crowded ? ( i will be spending time from 2 Jan to 8 Jan)

is the beach private or open ?

I saw that the resort is close to airport ... Is it noisy ? (e.g. night time)

I am thinking of one of the beachfront rooms.

Thanks

Saad

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Hi

The beach at Pelangi is not crowded at all and there are some lovely grounds where you can walk and sit. The beach here is not a private beach, but is mainly used by the guests of the hotel.

You will probably hear aircraft noise during the day but not through the night.

As your holiday dates are in peak season on the island, because of Christmas and New Year, expect the island to be very busy at that time so you will need to book as soon as you can.

Lesley

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recommendations

commercial flights end around 11pm. there are a few other sorts of aircraft using the airport at night, but noise is unlikely to be an issue.

i have never stayed at the pelangi.

7. Re: Hotel Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 06:18