We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental on Langkawi - Kasina or Envomarine?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental on Langkawi - Kasina or Envomarine?

Hi travellers,

I have seen many postings on car rental on Langkawi but none of them really answered my question. I have offers from Envomarine and Kasina for a car rental on Langkawi. The price of Kasina is a little bit higher but not much so I would like to know your experience with those two companies.

Thanks very much!

Monika

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental on Langkawi - Kasina or Envomarine?

booking in advance is the most expensive way to do it. i have not used those companies for that reason.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental on Langkawi - Kasina or Envomarine?

Thanks for the advise but since we will be there during chinese new year and this will be high season I would like to make an arrangement before arrival. It was already difficult to find a hotel room during this time. :-)

North East England...
Level Contributor
516 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental on Langkawi - Kasina or Envomarine?

I've pre booked with Kasina for the same reason. They gave me a 10% early booking discount. Now they may have put it (20%) on beforehand but at least I know it's booked. It's not as cheap as I'd have liked but we are able to have the car delivered to our hotel in Penang and we're dropping it off in Kuala Lumpur which saves not only time, but petrol and flight costs. We're also renting a GPS system.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental on Langkawi - Kasina or Envomarine?

Monika

We used a Kasina a few months ago and can thoroughly recommend them. Their procedures for pick up , car acceptance and drop off were really good and we had no issues. I pre booked which suited us. People will tell you there is no need to book which is true but when you arrive you are faced with about a dozen rental car stalls all trying to get your business. While on a Langkawi I noticed tourists in cars which had to be rentals which really did not seem that roadworthy. Search rental cars on the Langkawi site and you will find a load of info.

Cheers

Greg Lander

Vantaa, Finland
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental on Langkawi - Kasina or Envomarine?

Had a Chery Tiggo "SUV" from Envomarine for a week in December.

Left us on the road 3 times. Always the same fuse burning and killing ignition.

No manual, no spare fuse, not even after a request, nothing to do but to wait for their service guy (=owner?).

Actually, never met that service guy as we always had to rush forward with taxi and they delivered the unlucky car ready for us after our commitments.

They were very helpful and sorry and paid the taxis even without receipt and in few hours always delivered the car (last time another car by our request), but it is hard to understand not having a manual and spares when there is a known problem.

Tried to negotiate settlement worth 2 days' rent (these incidents occurred in 2 days), only got less than one.

6. Re: Car rental on Langkawi - Kasina or Envomarine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 07:20